Verdict

The verdict is in:
Apparently, my eyes really hate pollen. I have never had any sort of seasonal allergies in my life. The only things I'm allergic to are Penicillin and Sulfa. But nothing seasonal. Nada. I went to the eye doctor in the wee morning hours today and she was very sympathetic and great as usual (I truly heart my eye doctor) and after a few looks and sweeps of my eye with BLINDING light, she said "definitely allergy." Not simply irritation. Apparently, the inside of my eyelid was "bumpy" (ew) and that is a sure sign of an allergy. An irritation would not cause that. So...
1. My eyes like to be nehkid as my dear friend Nicole says. It's so true, Nicole. Eyes were MADE for nudity. Ehem. That came out wrong. In short, eyes were not really made for foreign objects to reside in them.
2. I'm not allergic to my contacts themselves (Yippee!!) and will be able to wear them again (I made sure to ask if it would ever be possible for me to wear them on a regular basis if I had this allergy and my doc said "FO SHO"...okay she didn't really say that but she said I would be able to). Note: As much as I feel inclined to just throw in the towel and say "be gone, oh torturers of mine eyes!"...I cannot. I need to be able to wear contacts for when I take pictures with my Nikon. Because professional SLR cameras do not have live display screens on the back of what your taking a picture of. You must put your eye up to the peep-hole...and wearing glasses makes that very difficult and awkward. I do wear glasses most of the rest of the time though. Because. They are the shizzle.
3. I was prescribed these killer drops that make my eyes feel like heaven. Heaven, I say. HEAVEN! Thank the heavens for such a great eye doctor.
4. I had my first funnel cake today and it was quite tasty. I also listened to an 80+ year old man sing lines like "Oh yeah baby, shake it real good" which was by far the best moment of my day. Note: I know #4 has nothing to do with eyeballs or contact lenses. But this is my blog, now, aint it? I can say whatever the darn fart I want! Thar she blows. Look. I can even post random pictures. Here's a whale.After my eye appointment and dropping off my prescription for crack eye-drops (oh how I love those little babies), John and I met my friendzies Monique and Lauren (this blog is getting stranger by the second) for breakfast at this mysterious diner/bakery that is always closed when you want to go there. Always. Pretty good trick, really. I don't know how they manage it but I've been in New Bern over a year and have never (until this day) successfully set foot inside that place. But today it miraculously was open and it was SO tasty. After breakfast, we went on a tour of the historic homes in New Bern. Which was really very fun. I love old houses and cute neighborhoods and New Bern has much of both. It was also a fabulously beautiful day and my eyes were NOT bothering me which was a miracle. So I am a happy camper.
I'm home now enjoying digging my toes into the carpet after a long day of walking and being on my feet. My spirits are much brighter about my eyes. OH and also about the missing package of doom. No, they didn't find it. But Fedex started a case investigating where oh where my precious package could be. So...it's good to know someone is doing something.
And that's all.

Comments

this might be my favorite post ever. i need to create a separate blog to document my favorite things you say/write.

'i can even post random pictures, look, here's a whale!' LOL. literally. L.O.L.

but THIS, this makes my heart especially happy:

'i can say whatever the darn fart i want.'

in fact. that's one of my new fave quotes. it's going up as one of my fave quotes on facebook RIGHT NOW. ahhh, you never cease to make me giggle.)

Popular Posts