Heel...HEEL!

Apparently, I'm a subconscious shoe addict. I've always scoffed at shoe addicts and held myself at a higher level. But after much deep thought and meditation in my suicidal Carlos Santana blue leopard heels, I humbly admit it: I really like shoes. Like REALLY like them. Like..."like" like them. You know...when you'd say you "liked" that boy but you obviously "liked" him a lot more than just "LIKE?" Yeah. That's me and shoes. But without even realizing it. I also love excruciatingly painful shoes. This is okay as long as you're man enough to suck up the pain and wear em and still have a good time. I admit that at times I HAVEN'T been man enough and have let my severe foot pain get to me and ruin the night/day/whatever. However, I'm learning and growing from that.
THEREFORE: One of my goals is to break-in ALL my shoes. Yes. ALL. Heels included. In fact, heels especially. You see...I think us girls forget that heels are shoes too (they do fit in a category all their own of course...)...which means they will most likely be painful when we were them the first time. In fact...that is an understatement. We all know they will hurt like HELL the first time we wear them. Yet, we rarely take the time to break them in so it's easier to wear them. Derrrrrrrrrrrr. I refuse to own as many shoes as I do and not wear them simply because they're not broken in. So...that is my goal. I've started by wearing heels to church every Sunday. Church is short enough that I can get a short amount of wear into them without completely killing myself on a new pair of heels. But long enough to make a difference.
Today, being Thursday and being that I felt like wearing a summer dress I forgot I owned (that looks awesome on me...YES!!!!!!!), I decided wearing heels while working is still going to help even if I'm sitting. The shoes are still getting the shape of my foot and conforming to it. It'll help. Every little bit will help. So here I am. Heels and summer dress at my work-from-home job. Sometimes my life can be so very random...but nice. :) I don't think John will complain. Thank goodness I don't have to wear nylons.

Comments

Popular Posts