Death Bug

I have the death bug. It never ceases to amaze me HOW magnificently horrible something as little as a cold can make you feel. I mean...what the crap? My nose is leaking. Big deal? Oh no. It is a big deal. I feel like I'm going to sneeze, hurl, and pass out all at the same time. Great.
Furthermore, it's Friday. Which is sort of a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Good because well...it's Friday. Bad because this most likely means I will be sick over the weekend. And the cherry on top of the sitch is John has duty. Which means I get to take care of myself. And die slowly. He had the cute suggestion that I could buy some more milk today since we're low. I gazed at him like a cow at an on-coming train and reminded him that I felt like death-with-sickle himself and leaving the house was not on my list of things to do this century. Maybe not in those exact words. But it got my point across. My father-in-law is arriving today for the weekend. He will have to be understanding that I never leave my bedroom.
But why am I working today then, you ask? Because I have no sick time left. And there's enough going on at work that me being sick throws a giant wrench in my manager's already crazy busy life. So...I will deal with it and be sick all over my computer while I reply to tech support questions. Pleasant mental picture, I know. I thought of it.
I did something stupid in my sickly stupor yesterday. I mailed a piece of artwork without taking a picture of it. Besides a crappy low-lit picture with my phone which should not count. I'm disappointed...because I really wanted to get pictures to add to my portfolio. But too late. Crap. Oh well...life continues.
The sickly stupor continues today. I have major sick brain. For example: I grabbed my water bottle and phone to head into the office to start work...and then realized I had feverishly grabbed my car keys too. Yeah. Since I have to drive from the kitchen to the study and all. Good grief.

Comments

Popular Posts