Life, The Universe, and Everything

I love Douglas Adams. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was one of the first book series I read and enjoyed. As I've mentioned before, I completely did not enjoy writing until I was older while my brother has never been seen without a book in hand. You could argue I was rarely seen without a book myself...but it was always a sketchbook. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy opened my reading world up to new and exciting possibilities. I'd never laughed while reading a book and the Hitchhiker's Guide had me giggling uncontrollably more times than I could count. I bought the whole collection in book form when I was younger and I couldn't tell you what happened to it. This weekend I bought another copy. And without really meaning to, I started reading it aloud to John. Who didn't protest when I continued to read aloud. I love reading aloud and being read aloud to. So this is a great arrangement. I've since started reading mostly to myself but I'm excited that he showed some interest as he doesn't normally enjoy reading fiction. But The Hitchhiker's guide isn't just ordinary fiction. It's THE GUIDE. Adams writes in a way that my head speaks sometimes. Long, run-on sentences that any English teacher would break out in hives over but dripping with the most bizarre and hilarious illustrations. I heart it.
Books aside, I am finally coming to terms. I really do not enjoy having multiple blogs. It is kind of a pain. The only exception I would accept would be to have a photography blog. And I don't want to start another one yet. So...I've decided to discontinue my Pretty Much LiQi Designs blog and post everything about life, the universe, and everything here. Because that's the way it should be. And most of the time I post about the same things on this blog that I do on that blog. So what's really the point? But the questions is HOW to go about doing this. I haven't gotten that far. I might just import the blog into this blog and delete the unneeded posts. We shall see. Not enough brain power at this point to think about that.
I am allergic to work. I sat down yesterday morning to start work, started up my computer and within 30 seconds had a fatally splitting headache. Possibly a migraine. It kept warping in and out of misery...I am not sure what the deal is but it has to stop. I was supposed to go to the doctor yesterday morning for a check-up. I pushed it back a week. But I've gotta get these "allergies" under control. This is ridic.
I don't know what the deal is but I don't really like coffee anymore. I like coffee shop coffee...meaning coffee I buy at a Starbucks or a coffee shop. But home drip coffee? Even Starbucks drip? Nope. Just NOT enjoying it lately. I choke it down for the reason of waking myself up. But that's it. I loathe every second of it. At first this lead me to believe I might be pregnant since this was one of the key points a friend of mine knew she was pregnant: she stopped enjoying coffee. But I'm not pregnant. So...not sure...it's weird. And slightly inconvenient since I need SOMETHING to wake me up in the mornings. And tea doesn't always cut it. Bah...humbug.

Comments

Kaley said…
I'm a huge fan of Douglas Adams as well! And you are spot on about his writing being all amazing and hillarious and sarcastic and very much so a run-on type way of reading. Love it!

Popular Posts