Wedding Blog 3: My Flower Girl Rebellion

Oct 02, 2008 12:04 PM My Flower Girl Rebellion
Here's the deal: I don't believe in having little children in weddings. At least not for myself. You may think I'm mean or argue that it's tradition. And that's valid. But since when did I do everything according to tradition? I will put in fine print here that it depends on the children. Because some kids can be very, VERY good during weddings and add a lot to them. BUT...I have seen WAY too many wedding days disrupted because little Vivian decided it would be fun to twirl in the aisle while the bride and groom are saying 'I Do' and while this may seem all cute and nice...the fact is...it's not Vivian's day...and you came to see a wedding, not a twirling child. Or a screaming child for that matter. In my line of work, I see a lot of wedding photographers' work and there are countless photos of kids goofing off, crying, running away, or making a scene during crucial parts of weddings. (And why would the photographer even have these photos? Because the kid was distracting him and everyone else at the wedding...and during that moment where everyone is thinking "Oh look at that little girl" or "Would someone PLEASE get that child out of here," the audience misses the first kiss or the exchange of rings or worse...the whole flow of the event gets put on pause because no one can think straight over the noise of the temper tantrum of doom.)
So there you go...
And my friend Nicole commented:
"this should actually be blogged about on our site! this is a good thought provoker! i see a very valid point in your reasoning. and now i have to agree with it. sorry kids! ;)"

Comments

Popular Posts