Plagued

I stand corrected. Dreams do have meaning. For example...funny how a dream about crap can be so very prophetic about the crap day ahead.
Here's a little run down:
- A gift to a friend was lost in the mail. An irreplaceable gift. Note to self: never, ever mail irreplaceable gifts. Even if the mail has never failed you. It WILL fail you here. I'm hoping it will still magically make its way to her. Magically. But as far as my shipping company and Fedex is concerned, it ceases to exist. And it's not exactly a SMALL package.
- As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I had an eye infection. Among several other ailments. Apparently, I am a walking version of the Plagues of Egypt (get it? get it? Plagues of Egypt? It was just Passover? Nevermind). Don't bug me. Anyway...since then I have not been consistently wearing contacts but I have successfully worn them without much issue. Today I wore them. Everything was fine until about an hour ago my eyes started burning. I put drops in. Little improvement. I checked in the mirror. A hung-over strung-out bum-looking person stared back. Seriously? Again? My eyes are bloodshot. For no reason. Out of the blue. Lovely. And yes. I was wearing BRAND NEW contacts that I changed to after recovering from my previous infection.
As I said. I am the Plague.
So...that's okay two but I'm sure several other crap-filled things happened today and I just can't remember what they are because my eyes are currently burnfully throbbing in my skull.
Yes. I'm very complainy. Sorry. But...this sucks. I've been sick in SOME form for over 5 weeks. WHAT...the...CRAP.

Comments

whoa, that's a horrible story. sad & unfortunate in so many ways. (about the gift). as far as the 'sickness' i think it's your body's way of saying the east coast is no bueno. it's bad for you & it's getting in your skin. come back to the west coast. that should clear you right up. (ps, i'm kidding.)

(pss, you should see double l's eye right now. i've never seen anything like it. she came to my desk today & while i had seen the bloodshot eye just a day or two ago it has since gotten worse. when i turned around & saw her at my desk today i couldn't help but squint while looking at her. she says it feels scratchy but it doesn't 'hurt' ... but you would guess otherwise bc the amount of red that's around her eye is unreal. her story & your story make me grateful i have never experienced such an nuisance.)

i sincerely hope you start feeling better.
oh, psss, i think your poor eyeballs just don't like being smothered by thin layers of optical corrections. they long to be neh-kid. i say sport the eyeglasses. you're totally cute with four eyes anyway!

Popular Posts