Window Pane

My best friend Jenna is heading back to China this summer...which I'm green with envy over. Mainly because I wish she could stuff me in a suitcase and take me with. We've talked about me coming to visit while she's there but not sure if that's realistic yet. Financially. However, just for fun, I looked at ticket prices. They aren't horrible. Although I was surprised to see that tickets are literally $2000 higher if you fly out of New Bern vs. Raleigh. Wow. Quite a difference for a 2 hour drive. Trips within the US are so simple. Going overseas throws so many other obstacles in the ballpark. Like acquiring tourist visas. Sheesh.
The above picture is me in a traditional Chinese dress I used to have that was custom made for me. It's a long story that I'm not going to even begin to try to explain but I no longer have it and wish I did. Maybe when I do go back to China, I can get another one made.
I keep coming back to the idea of finishing my tree tattoo. And I think I'm approaching the end of this quest. I am considering getting it priced at a place in Durham soon. I really want to find a tattoo artist that can be understanding of what I've gone through with two tattoo mess-ups and my desire to get this finished RIGHT and looking good. The girl I found has amazing work. Only issue is it's 2 hours away. But if she's right for me, then she's right for me. I'll never know until I get it priced.

Comments

Popular Posts