Wedding Blog: The Ring!

Leading up to our engagement and then wedding, I blogged. But not on this blog. On a blog I had on my wedding website on www.mywedding.com which is also where I work. Note: If you are considering marriage at any point in the future, bookmark mywedding.com. You will not regret it. We offer ideas and trends, local wedding resources to help you plan your big day, and (my favorite) FREE wedding websites. Free as in completely free, never expiring or requiring any form of "upgrade" or "subscription" to "keep certain features" like so many others out there. Free and all yours. Yay!
I decided it would be nice to document the blog posts I submitted on my wedding website here. I couldn't post them here at the time because no one knew we were thinking about marriage yet. So without further delay, my wedding blog posts (note: I will be posting most of these as individual posts since most of them are the length of an actual blog post and I don't want to overwhelm anyone (or myself) just yet):
Sep 10, 2008 11:57 AM
THE RING!

It wasn't exactly how I envisioned things happening, but as it turned out John and I have been looking at engagement rings TOGETHER. Which I'm actually enjoying quite a bit. I like to see how much thought he's putting into it, into the styles he likes and into the fact that he wants me to be happy and not disappointed with what he chooses...even though I know that would never happen. It means a lot that he has taken the time to research rings, metal types, diamonds, etc. And it paid off. This past weekend we found THE ring. We attended the bridal show at Qwest field in Seattle and the thought of jewelers attending the show didn't even cross our minds. We actually planned on going to EE Robbins after wards but we never made it there. We entered the show and noticed several jewelry showcases and silently agreed to check them out. Most of them were WAY over our price limit (like...the price of my car...) or completely not either of our style (and it is important to me that John likes the ring too. After all, it's representing him.) SO...we meandered around some more and *poof* we ran across another jewelry showcase, so we checked it out and we found THE ring.
John was drawn to it right away. I just assumed it was over our price limit so I was off in my own little world. After scowering their ENTIRE jewelry case and going back to that first ring several times (because we BOTH loved it), we walked around a little more...and John couldn't stop talking about the ring. I finally stopped and asked him if he wanted me to "walk around" a little bit...so he could..."take care of things." He said he felt like he was letting the cat out of the bag but I told him the truth. I knew I would NOT be disappointed knowing what the ring looked like already and honestly...neither of us had been this CRAZY about any of the rings we had seen before at other Jewelers. SO...I walked around and John did the deed! He picks up the ring Saturday...now all I have to do is wait for him to pop the question. *sigh* :)
So...in the end we've done things a little out of order, I guess. Here I am blogging on our wedding website before he's even asked me the big question...but that's okay. I have an excuse: I work at a wedding website...;)

Comments

Popular Posts