Don't Rain On My Diamonds

Last night I dreamt I was at a karaoke bar and I realized I was bleeding. My leg was bleeding through my skirt but when I looked at the wound it had stopped. Then suddenly I realized my friends had put a song in for me to sing and it was "Don't Rain On My Parade" by Barbara Streisand. I protested a bit because in my experience, "Don't Rain On My Parade" in karaoke versions is either way too fast or way too high...or both. But I decided to give it a try so I went up there and waited through the intro...and then I realized..."Don't Rain On My Parade" doesn't really have much of an intro. It wasn't that song at all. It was "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend." So I sang that. And then I woke up.
What can we learn from this dream? That I want to go sing karaoke. Nuff said.
I'm still stuffy and am now pretty convinced that this "cold" somehow transformed into just plain ol' allergies. I've never had allergies before so...this is all very new to me. And strange.
Yesterday evening after dinner (which was tortilla soup...my mom's tortilla soup is the BEST), John and I went on our first bike ride together. It was soooo much fun. I couldn't wipe the silly grin off my face. It took a little getting used to because my bike is a hybrid which means the tires are a lot thinner than the mountain bike tires I'm used to. But it was still super fun. After we got home, I took John's mountain bike out for a spin and that made me SO happy because it just brought back so many memories from growing up in China and riding my bike to school everyday. I miss that. We seriously biked everywhere and you couldn't really live there and not own a bike. For a long time, it was the primary form of transportation because owning a car was out of the question (and believe me...with the traffic there, you wouldn't want to) and riding in cabs all the time adds up. I hope to make this a habit. Riding my bike on any busy highways/roads doesn't sound appetizing but I think I'd enjoy going on back roads. We are near two very nice and safe neighborhoods that provide a good route to bike. I'm excited. :)

Comments

Popular Posts