Mouth-Breather

I'm alive. Somehow. After being sick all weekend and Monday, I'm back to the world of the living. But I still cannot breathe. So this return may be short-lived. I catch myself breathing like a walrus. At times like these, I'm very thankful for the opportunity to work at home. I know no coworkers would put up with this. Because I can barely stand it myself.
So needless to say my Easter was uneventful. I was disappointed. Because this holiday actually means something to me. And here I am sick and unable to go to church. My father-in-law was here to visit again and he and John got to spend a lot of father-son time together. I spent most of my time in a comatose state in bed. After getting very little sleep last night, I am wishing I could return to that comatose state. But alas...real life calls.
On the bright side, it's getting warm. Which means the beach is in sight. Not this weekend (well...maybe Sunday) but next weekend...we are GOING TO THE BEACH. I'm going to make it happen. We have two beach choices: Atlantic Beach or Onslow Beach. Both have their perks. Atlantic is more social while Onslow is on base and is the most peaceful beach you will ever run across. It's marvelous. I highly prefer Onslow but if you want to go out to eat after the beach, I'd recommend Atlantic over Onslow. After spending most of the weekend in the darkness of my room, I'm dying for some sunshine.
Which brings me to my first (only for this blog) confession: I feel like I have zero summer clothes. Which is unacceptable in the South. Here's the reason why. In WA, half the time even if it's sunny, it's still cold. And I hate being cold. Just ask my husband. HATE it. I constantly have a sweatshirt with me just in case the day turns chilly.
Here, however...we actually have hot summers. SO, I treated myself to some summery clothes. I am waiting for the order to arrive. In excitement. I stepped outside my box and got a bunch of stuff that is very different because I want to broaden my style. In the meantime, I plan on digging through my clothes and getting rid of a bunch because let's face it. I have too many that I don't wear. I have entire drawers I haven't opened in months. Which is just wrong. So...bags of clothes to the Good Will, here I come.

Comments

Popular Posts