Warning: Venting in Progress

The following blog is a complete complaining vent. So if you have a problem with that...don't read it.
It's amazing how a decent day can go sooo south. I feel like I don't have time for anything anymore. I'm trying to juggle everything and I'm starting to lose my grip on things. Something's going to fall...if not everything. I hate this feeling...like I haven't been doing anything but somehow I still feel SO stretched. Too much is happening this month. I'm ready for a vacation. A real vacation. I don't remember the last time I had one. Where I got to REALLY relax and NOT think about work. Or maybe that isn't possible the older you get. I don't know.
My house has become a depressing place to live because of things that are going on with my family. And I'm sick of all the quick-fixes that people throw at me. They want to know how we're doing so I tell them the honest truth and then they pile on all these "well why don't you just" "you could just" "what if you just"...JUST JUST JUST. I love that word. JUST. It implies that the answer or solution is simple, which it's not, and whatever they're suggesting hasn't already been tried, which it ALL has. Or the things they suggest have no logical sense and are completely random and unrealistic without any basis for belief that they would EVER work outside of the furthest reaches of a child's imagination. Like moving. I've lost count of how many people tell me my parents should "just" move. So...my parents just filed for bankruptcy...can barely pay the house payment as it is...have trouble finding work...and you think moving will solve our problem. Gotchaaa. So...magically selling our current house in our area's completely NOT-BUDGING house market, magically buying a new house and somehow getting a magical down payment while those of us with good jobs that we like somehow find new magical jobs...and those of us without jobs magically find jobs. Poof. All at once. And somehow in the middle of all that transition we magically, MAGICALLY have the time to pack all our crap, move it from city A to city B, unpack it, and make our magical new house functionably livable. Somehow magically without losing any working hours. Because moving solves the problem...of...not having...money. Since moving requires...no money. Oh wait! It does. Silly...you.
I'm sorry to complain. I'm probably an ass. I know people mean well. And I appreciate that they care enough to suggest at all. But please...think before you open your mouth. Or better yet...just...talk to my parents directly. I'm tired of explaining, re-explaining, and re-re-explaining why they can't "just" do whatever it is you think they should do. I just needed to vent. You can hit me now. No, actually you can't. So much for getting to bed early.

Comments

Popular Posts