Friday, I'm in Love...

I got my brother a kitten for Christmas this year. He has said for years that he wanted to get a completely black kitten and name it Blue. Our other cats' names are Orange and Yellow...aaaand we used to have a cat named Red. We're nerds, I know. It's not lack of creativity. There's a reason behind it but it's a long story so I won't tell it right now. So for Christmas I went to the Humane Society and got a little black kitten. They said they called him Peterson at the Humane Society. I thought that was cute so I just added "Blue." And there's where we got Peterson Blue. He was actually pretty boring in the beginning cuz he had a cold but he quickly got over that and has become a complete terror to my mom in the morning when she's trying to get ready, eat breakfast, or read her bible. She makes it a point to search the house for toy mice before she eats so she can throw them across the room so that he'll leave her alone. It doesn't work as well as it should. Blue has somehow managed to figure out how to unscrew the knobs on the bottom of our toilet. He prefers those over the mice and LOVES to play with them. But sadly they are now missing somewhere in the house. The tub is his most recent obsession. Any time someone turns on the water to take a bath or even clean it he torpedoes into the bathroom to see what's going on and stands and watches the water running. On occasion he falls in. On more occasions he tries to get on top of you and treat you like an island while you're in the tub. He's definitely a trip. And a half. At times he reminds me of a fish. He's very slinky and slimy and very easily slips out of your hands like a snake. (In this picture Orange is being very cross with Blue because he's taunting her and likes to squeeze her fat waist and she does NOT appreciate it.)
Today is friiiiidaaayyyyyyyyyy!!! And on Saturday I'm meeting John's parents and sister...I'm extremely nervous. I have no idea why because they sound extremely unpsycho and cool. And I'm sure they are unpsycho...but I think it's this paranoia that it's "opposite day" or something. One of my previous boyfriends *shudder* told me horror story after horror story about his mom and how she belittled and humiliated his brother's then-girlfriend now-wife. She pretty much treated you like crap until she was sure you were going to stick around. Or so he said. Going in there, I was expecting to be completely verbally abused and she turned out to be completely cool and we got along fine. I even taught her to paint. So I'm not sure if this guy was lying to me to keep us from getting close...OR maybe she just thought I was the bee's knees. Either way...that's my extent of boyfriends' mothers. I'm POSITIVE your mother is not like this, John. I'm just...paranoid from past fears. But I will soon meet her and all will be peachy. And we can all gang up on you and tickle you until you pee. Hehe...nice.
I will most likely be posting another blog today because I have more to say but should start on my work. Yay for having lots to say!

Comments

Popular Posts