LiQi + Lychee = <3

And it's pronounced "leechee." It's my name. I know. Well at least in China that's how it's pronounced and it is an Asian fruit, right? Okay then.

A few more places I want to eat in Kentucky someday...El Mundo. I don't know what it is but their website rocks...check it out. They've gotta be an entertaining meal even if the food sucked. Just looking around.
Secondly...(but I'm a bit more excited about this one)...Lilly's Bistro. This place just sounds good. Nice with a great atmosphere. Kentucky, here I come...one of these days.
I discovered a song by Five Iron Frenzy that I don't know if I ever listened to all the way through before..."The Phantom Mullet"...it made me grin at work today. These guys blow me away with the songs they sing...I mean come on...how can you not be cool writing stuff like this:

Feel the power of the PHANTOM MULLET,
Tremble and cower from the PHANTOM MULLET,
White metal burn of the PHANTOM MULLET,
Combed straight or permed it's THE PHANTOM MULLET,
And you, cutting it short on top,
I want that for me.
Growing it long in the back,
So savage and so free.

Wow. There are no words. I have genuine (not being sarcastic) respect for someone who can sing something like that and actually make it catchy. I LOVE Five Iron Frenzy. The Pants Operas were GENIUS. I feel like I'm lacking as a human being since I never got to see them live. Doh! Serious doh.
This weekend was great. John brought me a beautiful bouquet on Saturday for our 3 month. Then we went to a Rock & Roll wedding which rocked my face off. We totally dominated. I caught my first bouquet and my boyfriend John caught the garter. Wooohooo!! And what made it even cooler is NOBODY knew us but the bride and groom so we were the weird oddball couple that crashed the party. Nah we didn't crash anything. Heh...it was great. Then Sunday we went to the Art Museum and checked out the roman statues. Pretty darn sweet. For dinner, I took John to Blue C Sushi in Fremont which was a blast. I had a lychee lemon drop martini which pretty much rocked my world. If you haven't tried Blue C, do it. It's a kick-ass rotating sushi bar. And that is sushi in it's funnest form.
Today I had a chair massage at work and now I'm drinking bubo tea and listening to Reese Roper yodel. I'm having a good Monday. :)

Comments

Popular Posts