Prince Caspian and the Paper Bag

My skin just seems to get worse and worse as soon as I'm brave enough to say it looks like it has improved. I have an appointment with a dermatologist in June. Pray they have a brain. I feel like walking around literally with a paper bag over my head.
So...the Cat's Meow Antique Mall is NOT out of business! YAY!!! I was down in town yesterday with John and his fazzah (dad) and saw the sign! I actually walked by the place and wondered to myself if that was it but I didn't see the sign. Then we were across the street and there it was. So...I'm happy it's not gone.
So yes...I met John's dad. Which went well. It's super cute seeing John's mom and then meeting his dad cuz I can SO see both sides in him in different ways. They're both great.
Me and my mom went and saw Prince Caspian last night. What to say...*sigh*...I'll just say this...it really REALLY pisses me off when they make a book into a movie and leave a bunch of it out but what pisses me off even MORE...is when they ADD a bunch of CRAP that has NOTHING to do with anything. SO lame. Not even lame. Lower than lame. So basically...it began well...it ended fine...and somewhere in the middle some little guy slipped a few random pages into the screenplay when no one was looking that he wrote when he was high on who-knows-what. And there you have it...a bunch of randomness. I'm sure C.S. Lewis is rolling over and vomiting in his grave. I know I would. I think I've decided to reread all the books again. I can't even begin to explain what those books mean to me on a personal level. It's like...they were my childish explanation and understanding of the gospel and who Jesus was. Because that's what the Chronicles of Narnia are. That's what they were intended to be. So...for me...they are much more meaningful than just some random fiction story.
It really annoys me when people disregard reading stories like the Lord of the Rings or the Chronicles of Narnia because they don't like fiction. I enjoyed the Lord of the Rings but I would say the Chronicles of Narnia have much more depth over the Lord of the Rings and frankly...it can't be missed. You can't leave it up to the movies to tell you the stories...don't get me wrong. I thought they did a good job on The Lion , the Witch and the Wardrobe...BUT...it can't compare to the books. Ever. So if you have any interest in the movies and found them interesting in ANY form...or are just curious about them. READ THE BOOKS for CRYING out loud. Seriously. Just do it. This is a story you CAN'T afford to miss hearing the whole of.

Comments

Popular Posts