Lost Marbles

Right after lunch we lost internet so everyone at the office has been wandering around aimlessly or staring blankly at our screens with nothing to do but reread old emails or see how many words-per-minute we can type. Thankfully the internet is back now. YAY!!
I had a WONDERFUL weekend. Simply lovely. I can't even describe how great it was because so much happened. It would take too long. But I will say...my parents and John's parents met, we went to the Viking Festival in Poulsbo, introduced John's family to bubo tea, wandered around, watched the parade, and for dinner I made Chinese for everyone which went awesome. Viking Fest was very fun. I'm glad I suggested we go because it's especially fun for people who have never been or who aren't from around here. I got nice and crispy...which SLIGHTLY worries me since I have to go to a wedding in a few weeks and I just may have the worst burn line...EVER. Haha nah...it's not THAT bad. But it does look dorky. Hopefully it'll go away and all fade together. Hope, hope, hope.
One of the highlights of my weekend was very momentous (for me) because it's something I've ALWAYS wanted...because...just because(and yes I KNOW it's silly): John bought me marbles. I have a strange and unexplainable fascination with marbles. I'm not sure what it is but I LOVE them. Not normal boring ones but different unique original old ones. We went to the marble vendor who's at Viking Fest every year. He always gives you a free lucky marble and then asks your name. Then he finds a tray with your name printed on different colored and sized marbles. I didn't get my name but I did get 15 colored marbles, soft colors like sea glass. I love them. So pretty.
The parade was fun...a tad long though...but we had fun taking pictures and talking and gawking at the uniqueness that are Poulsboians. We're an interesting bunch that's for SURE.
This blog has taken me awhile to get up today just because a lot has happened, losing internet didn't help, and I've been out most of the day...oh yeah and I was up since 5am. So...I'm SO ready to sleep.
But before I do I accomplished something completely pointless today...but I'm really excited about it: I got my Prowler Ball dress!!! YAY!!! It's beautifully sexy and I'm going to be THE hottest woman there with THE hottest marine EVER. Pretty stoked about that. I also got some shoes that would make me around 8 feet taller than John but the more I look at them, the more I don't think they look that great with the dress. So...I'll probably return those. But anyhow, I am very excited to have gotten that out of the way (even though I'm very early)...but honestly...it's good I'm early because later on it'll be hard to find ANY dresses and right now it's kind of ridiculous how FEW dresses are available as it is with it being Prom Season and all. I don't get it. I literally detailed three department stores and found probably 20 styles of dresses between all of them. That's not much. I can't believe I'm still talking about this...
I can hear rain softly falling outside. It's a very soothing sound. Today has felt like it NEEDED to rain ALL day after such an amazing weekend of sunniness. It's been just heavy clouds all day. Glad it waited until night time. Well the time has come and I am GOING to sleep because I am very, very tired and snuggly and miss John already and miss his family also already. I can't wait to see them again. They're a blast. You should be jealous.

Comments

Popular Posts