Darling, have you seen my glove?

There's something about opera gloves...or just dressy gloves in general. It's that era...that time where you wore gloves everywhere you went. I have this permanent picture in my head of a lounge jazz singer with high opera gloves. I love that. I should have been born in that era. It's so timeless. It makes me wonder if women had better self confidence in that time period because they were expected to dress like women. It wasn't proper to wear jeans or pants or anything non-feminine. I wonder how they perceived themselves. I wonder if that has a large part to do with the self esteem of today's woman. Does the fact that we dress more like men than before have anything to do with it...or am I just over thinking tiny details...I'm not sure. But it seems logical. In my head at least. I bought opera gloves for my dress last night. I'm not sure how I feel about them yet. They're the classic white ones that come above the elbow. I'm wondering if black would be better. I'll figure it out. I've always wanted to have a reason to wear those kinds of gloves so I'm determined to wear them at some point. Soon.
I'm wearing my new flats today. The rain has returned. Last night confirmed it. But they keep saying it might be slightly sunny again. I hope it is this weekend. But there is something soothing about the cool rain. I don't really find it depressing. Especially this morning for some reason. It's just...soothing. I can't think of any other word to describe it. It was so comforting to hear soft rain last night while I was falling asleep. I'm going to miss that.The Phantom of the Opera is coming to Seattle!! I'm SOOO excited and I REALLY want to go.

Comments

Popular Posts