First Things First

Two years and three days ago, I got my last tattoo. Last week, I was reading our wedding vows. I ran across a verse in John's from the bible that stuck out to me. It was James 1:17. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." Aside from the fact that this verse is extremely powerful, something else hit me and gave me chills. The verse is 1:17. Our wedding date is 1.17. Wow. At first, I thought maybe John had planned it. But then I thought that would still be hard to pull off. I asked him and he said he had no idea. Amazing. It felt like a gift from God just for us.
I've been searching for a verse for awhile now. The perfect verse. When I read this and realized the even more important significance than the verse itself, I knew this was THE verse. I finally found it. Or more...it found me.
Saturday, me and my friend Katie who came to visit for my birthday after not seeing each other in 5 years (SO MUCH FUN!!) went to a tattoo parlor (Skin Grafix) and got tattoos. Mine was the tail end of the verse saying 'He does not change like shifting shadows' and hers was 'To the ends of the earth' along the side of her foot. Mine was down the side of my right arm. The pain brought back memories of a birthday 2 years ago when I got my tree. As always, I kind of smiled at how much it didn't bother me. I either have a very high pain tolerance, or guys who freak out about getting tattoos are sissies.
I am beyond happy with my newest tattoo. It holds more meaning for me than I could really explain. Pertaining to God, pertaining to my marriage, pertaining to faith...it goes on and on and on. I am so thankful.

Comments

Katie said…
OK, just need to comment here too. Especially since I got a shout out! Now I just need a blog for you to link to my name... ;)

Love you!

Popular Posts