VLOG, ya

SO enough about famous people. Onto more important things. Like makeup! *kidding kidding*...well kidding about it being important. This blog really is about makeup. haha...
So disclosure: if this is your first time joining my little joint of the internet, the past few blogs have been extremely superficial. I am not at all superficial. I just have a deep love and fascination for people (even if I sometimes claim I hate them all...I really don't...I promise) and I'm a thinker which means I like to over think a lot of things. Including things that are currently going on. Like the Twilight/New Moon craze. SO. That being said, this is not a norm. These are just my thoughts as of late. So here we go. Superficial blog #3, take 1. I promise. Next blog will be something incredibly deep. Like meaningful lyrics (spoiler) or something. And no. I'm not making this promise to you. I'm making this promise to me. Seeing pictures of Rob/Twilight on my blog is just as shocking to me as it is to you. And I refuse to let this haven of mine be overrun by teenage mongrels and gossip glam. Ehem. So...let me commence.
This blog is about makeup. Now for all you out there who thought I was a sort of cave troll that didn't know about the existence of makeup/beauty and lived my days in sweats and heavily hooded sweatshirts in drippy caverns, you are partially correct. I treat my existence as a sort of superhero hides their secret identity. It's true that I wear sweats while I work because...well...I work from home and can get away with it (I no longer work in PJ's due to the unfortunate fact that I literally felt like curling up and falling asleep while working...and it also made me feel like one of the lost boys from Peter Pan too because going from wearing pajamas all day to changing...into more pajamas just gets depressing after awhile) and when I am not working in an office seeing people daily, it's more pointless to put an effort into my appearance. ON TOP OF THAT, my husband is deployed. Which means...looking pretty is optional (even though we all know I am a sexy beast). SO. Anyway. Makeup. I wear it. My superhero secret identity. I spend most of my time grunging it and then certain days I bust out the whole cartoon (as my mom would put it) and do myself completely up, blowing everyone away. It's cruelly entertaining and I am guilty of confusing people. But that's one of my many goals in life.
So back to the main point. This blog is about makeup. My newest fascination is video blogs. I am so, so, so very, very tempted to start one of my own...but I am mostly convinced that would not be the best idea. Mainly because...well...read above about sweats and work. Unless I made it about my makeup alter ego and it mainly came from my cave troll identity. Hmmm...ideas...anyways. The video blogs I've been watching and enjoying have oddly enough been makeup and beauty vlogs and tutorials. I know. Shocked as you are. I haven't even a clue of how I ran across them either. It just happened one day on Youtube and here I am.
The two beauty vlogs (the "cool" official term for video blog) I follow are by Juicystar07' and her sister AllThatGlitters21. Click on their names to go to their Vlogs. The thing I love about both these girls is the fact that...they really know their stuff. Their makeup tutorials make sense, don't require any fancy "moves" to achieve and best of all...they're fun! In many of their videos, they will offer alternative products to save money, talk about eco-friendly causes, even offer giveaways, you name it. I'm hooked.
In the blog/vlog world, when you find a blogger you like (at least, I do this...not sure about everyone else), you end up feeling like you're friends with that person even if you've never met. I follow my friend Robyn's blog at Inspiration Junkie (Robayre) and we have become fast friends over the internet. We first met through my friend/coworker Nicole and I now feel like I've been friends with Robyn for years. It rarely crosses my mind that we've never met. This is how I'm beginning to feel about these two girls. People watching their vlogs might roll their eyes because...well...it's beauty tips. And a lot of eye-rolling occurs when it comes to beauty in general. I know I did a tad bit when I first saw their vlogs. But as I continued watching, I actually learned a lot, have tried some of their makeup tutorials and they work like a charm. Working some of the looks from magazines has never been attainable for me until now.
Like any (most) girls out there, I like to look nice (even if I do exist primarily as a cave troll...trying to remedy that fact as my husband's approach draws near) and have always enjoyed makeup. I remember getting in trouble when I was like...7...for getting into my mom's makeup in the middle of the night. Then junior high and highschool, it was a necessity. HEAVEN FORBID you appear in public without makeup. The world just might come to an end. Then college. I remember doing myself up my first week of classes. Then I said screw it and grunged it most of the time in favor of more sleep. As time has passed, makeup has become more fun. Some people may have not had this experience. But I have. Yes, it does take time. But I enjoy it. I love to be able to make a statement with my look and be bold and unexpected. It's just fun! Can I go without makeup? Yes! Most days I do. Am I dependent on it? Read previous answer. Am I superficial? Nooooo. Is there anything wrong with wearing and enjoying makeup? Nothing. So...to anyone who has preconceived notions that you are a completely superficial fake person if you wear lots of makeup. Think again. The cave troll has spoken.

Comments

robayre said…
I tried to leave a comment here yesterday but my new computer has intermittent internet. Anyway, I reading the post and when I got to the youtube links I wanted to click but proceeded and then all of a sudden you start talking about me. It's always a trip when you read about yourself unexpectedly on the internet.

Popular Posts