Fingers In My Soul


Lately my mood has been black...and blue. I'm not entirely sure the culprit but I think it's mainly due to my quickly approaching birthday, my first birthday without family and John...as well as simply missing John.
Three things have helped keep me consoled. Kath Nash, Lily Allen, and the Twilight books. I've never ever been a huge fast reader, unlike my brother. My brother was reading by the time he was like...2 years old. He's been rapid ever since. I never had any interest in reading. If my parents tried to read me a story, it better be a picture book. Otherwise, I'd just wriggle out of their grip. Books bored me. I didn't learn to appreciate reading until I was 16. Throughout school, I never finished one book I wrote a book report on. Not one. Then 16 hit and I was on an island in Thailand on vacation...and I was getting bored. I mean the island was great but it would have been greater with some friends or kids my age nearby. Which there weren't. So I started to read. I read 2 of the Lord of the Rings books in less than a week and a few others. I'm not really a strong, fast reader. I'm just an intense reader. I get into a book and it's hard to tear me away. I'm also a very picky reader. But I started the Twilight books and am hooked. I finished the first one in 3 days and the second in 2. I doubt I can finish the third in 1 but who knows. Haha.
Kate Nash and Lily Allen have been on my constantly-annoying Pandora. It seems to be behaving itself today by actually PLAYING Lily Allen and Kate Nash. Unlike yesterday. Both these ladies write lyrics like someone would talk or think. True to life. Creative yet extremely...REAL. And it makes me happy inside. My newest favorite by Lily Allen is 'Chinese.' All of their music makes me smile because a lot of it is humorous and a lot of it is just touching. Like 'Chinese.' It feels like fingers in my soul. And I love it.
I'm hoping the week will shape up so I actually enjoy my birthday...I know I keep flip flopping.
Oh yeah. And this one. Big fan of this song:

Comments

Popular Posts