Blue Moon...I mean New Moon

I went to see the premiere of New Moon in the Twilight series last night. I've never been to a movie premiere. And I've certainly never been to a movie premiere involving lots and lots of screaming teenage girls. Nor have I considered it until now.
So there I was with my 7 other friends, sitting on the curb waiting to enter the theatre, listening to the 'omg's and 'lol's of the surrounding pubescence. Thankfully, during the movie itself, they mostly behaved themselves. Other than the periodic 'OMG, I heart you EDWARD!' or 'SQUEAL!' interruption. The only low point was the end of the movie ironically. As soon as the screen faded to black the girls behind us decided now would be a nice time to scream bloody murder. Not cool. If there weren't so many witnesses, there might have been some violence. Do you WANT me to give you a reason to be screaming? Especially when the friend of said-screamer decided to mimic her scream while they were laughing about it. At full volume. Seriously? Death wish? Yeah.
While at the theatre, I witnessed at least one girl in a vampire cape (and when is anyone in any of the movies or books in a real vampire cape? seriously?) and the never-ending "I Heart Edward Cullen" t-shirt wearers. This will most likely be my last movie premiere. Especially involving teenagers. Teenagers and movie theatres have NEVER gone together.
The verdict? It was very good. A very good movie. My only complaint. And no this is not a spoiler. I got the impression they hired a new makeup artist since the first movie. Every one of the vampires looked different to me. Oddly so. And Edward kind of gave the impression of being part robot a large part of the movie. Robert, Vampire same thing? Not quite. But that could just be me (since we all know I have this weird robot obsession). Maybe this will have the opposite impression the first movie had on me. When I first saw Twilight, I thought it was the cheesiest thing ever. Because it kind of is, script wise. But then I realized I really enjoyed it afterward and saw it again. Perhaps this one is the one I enjoyed while watching it and will hate it later. Who knows. Stranger things have happened. Although I doubt it. I really did enjoy it. I still enjoy it thinking back on it.
Oh yeah. And one more thing. If I hear one more darn friggin teenager say "OMG, New Moon is SO much better than Twilight," I just might flip a new one. Let me break it down for you. The Twilight series is...um...A SERIES. What does that mean? It's a CONTINUOUS story. What does that imply? Each movie fits into the others. Just as the books were written. Which means comparing movie 1 with movie 2 is plainly said: retarded. Nor is it OKAY to compare any series with itself. Like The Matrix Trilogy, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Wars, etc. etc. etc. You can have a favorite movie. That's okay. But saying one is "better" than the other makes you look like a noob.
Yes, the lack of sleep makes me sassier than usual.

Comments

Popular Posts