Comfy.

My heart is a little bit broken. Poulsbo is one of those timeless places where most of the stores there have been there for at least 12 years or more. I was driving to go see Baby Mama with my Mama and we passed what used to be an space-lease antique store called the Cat's Meow...and it is no longer. I had no idea it was even going out of business. But it's gone. And it breaks my heart. It's one of those places that has been there FOREVER. My grandma even use to lease a space in it and sell little antiques and things. I'm going to miss that place. It always had something for someone. The perfect birthday gift shop. Deep inside I secretly hope they just moved...or if they really did go out of business it was by choice and not because of competition or anything retarded like that. But as far as I know they had no competition. They were the Cat's Meow. You can't mess with them. *sigh*
I went to see my Grandma yesterday. She's a doll. Her name is Verna and she's almost 90 years old and still looks great. And no she's had zero surgery. I asked to see some pictures of my grandpa in uniform (he was in the coast guard) next time I visit...my mom is always saying how John looks like him. She was all a fluster about a picture she forgot to include in the family chain letter. Apparently it's been going around for like...20 years or something like that. Pretty crazy.
I realized something the other day...I don't feel homesick anymore. I do occasionally but it's not as extreme and not accompanied by a deep, overwhelming sadness as it was before. And it's not just because time has passed because this change happened quite abruptly. I realized I haven't been that homesick since I met John. I'm not sure what it is...he's just...comfy...
I also realized...I never had any attraction to a man in uniform until I met John either. Like...ZERO attraction. But now...yeah. SO attracted. Probably cuz he's such a heart throb. Hehe. Nah...actually it's because he's WONDERFUL and I'm very proud of who he is and who he is becoming.Now...how can you not think that is the hottest thing EVER?
I liked Baby Mama...it seemed to end abruptly though...but...a decent movie.
Ok...off to work...drink coffee...something...blog some more later possibly.

Comments

Popular Posts