Pierced Hearts

Before I forget again...I wanted to refer back to my blog titled "22" that talked about how the number 22 comes up a lot in my life. My trip to see My Fair Lady is a perfect example. We were in row 22.
I forgot to mention something when I wrote my last blog. I got my nosed pierced! Finally! I pieced my nose myself a few years ago but since an actual nose piercing is usually a bit larger gauge than a regular earring piercing, it didn't really heal and wasn't happy. This is why getting professional piercings is a GOOD thing. My cousin Stephanie had been talking about getting hers done the last time I saw her and I noticed she had gone through with it when I saw her this time! So on Saturday we went to the same place she went, a very, VERY friendly Tattoo/Piercing Parlor called Pierced Hearts Tattoo Parlor. I am instantly a HUGE fan. I was very impressed as soon as I entered the place. It just had a very friendly atmosphere, they had a impressive selection of good tattoo flash art as well as a HUGE selection of plugs and gauged jewelry. They also had a nice variety of nose rings to choose from which I appreciated. I hate it when you're getting something done and there's like...4 choices. The lady who helped me and pierced my nose was named Terrie and she did an AWESOME job. Not once did I feel like an idiot (which happens on a regular basis at a lot of tattoo places because they just have this attitude like you're stupid even if you have more tattoos/piercings than they do) and the piercing was quick, virtually painless, and best of all is healing up wonderfully. No...actually best of all would be my boyfriend John doesn't hate it. I'm very thankful for that. Very very. Anyway...check out Pierced Hearts' site HERE. They were great and I plan on going there any time I want a piercing or tattoo and recommend it to ANYONE needing anything done. They were GREAT.
Well...I met John's parentals (and sister Emily!). And frankly they were great. I got to spend Mother's Day with them (I celebrated early with my mom because she really wanted me to be able to get to know John's parents. My mom ROCKS.) and we ate a wonderful brunch on base (thank you again John) and then we hung out at and around the cabin they are staying at. We got to play with lots of crabs down by the water and found some pretty sweet creatures and shells. It was just a great day. I'm already learning a lot from John's step-dad Mark because he used to be a professional wedding photographer and he's filling my head with lots and lots of camera/photography info that hopefully I'll retain.
We did a puzzle last night (How nerdy are we!! and we actually had FUN!! Haha...) and then Johnny (hehe...cute) started doing the lawnmower and other random dance moves. At one point, I said "do the shopping cart"...which looked more like "picking the cherries"...so Emily and I had to show him what REAL "shopping-carting" looked like. Not sure if that's how he grocery shops...tossing items wildly into his cart. Hehe...jk John. You shop beautifully.
The winds were high yesterday so I ended up spending another night and taking the 5:30 ferry. And amazingly enough I got to work early. Pretty sweet! I was pretty sure I'd be a few minutes late. I stopped at Mean Bean Coffee in Port Townsend and got a gingersnap cookie the size of my face. I'm not exaggerating. It's AMAZINGLY huge. If you ever find yourself in Port Townsend, stop there. It's one of those little drive-thru coffee places. It makes a mean cup. Get it? MEAN Bean? Hehe...I'm so witty.
A massive earthquake struck central China on Monday. It was a 7.8. It was only one province away from Kunming in Yunnan Province where I used to live...and people as far away as Thailand and Beijing felt it. So...I'm worried about the families of friends I know still living in Kunming. I'm going to try to contact them today. Please pray for them. And for everyone in Si Chuan. Here's the article on it.
I gotta start work. Hopefully I'll keep awake today after 4ish hours of sleep. Blah.

Comments

Rebekah said…
You and Stephie got NOSE RINGS?? Great. You two finally hang out, and you go clubbing and pierce yourselves...
jk :) I am sure they look cute! Send pics!
Yeah!! Good thing I don't go clubbing more often! Nah...Steph actually already had hers.

Popular Posts