Spider Stories

I was reading a friends' blog and it somehow reminded me of something that happened while I was working at Wells Fargo that I decided I would blog about.
It was sometime this past winter. And it was very, very cold and as usual all my sweatshirts were in the wash. I asked my mom if I could borrow one of hers so she brought me a light gray zip-up without any hood. I wore it in my car to work (I think I was still driving my old diesel Mercedes) and began the day. Some time later in the morning I was talking to Ashley and she jolted and said "I think some thing's on your shoulder under the collar!" Sure enough I rapidly brushed myself off in a panicked manner (you know exactly what I'm talking about) and a large spider, larger than a quarter fell to the ground and scurried under my cabinet where I kept my boxes of coin. We all panicked and ran around looking for things to get it with. I sprayed down both sides of the cabinet with this green apple flavored Lysol but it was no use. The spider escaped. But the more I thought about it, the less I was upset. It was just trying to stay warm...so it probably thought "hey this sweatshirt is a nice place to sleep"...before it knew it, I put on the sweatshirt and took it on a nice, long car ride. I imagine it sitting, perched happily on my shoulder, peering out the window at the passing gray Kitsap County scenery. Everything was nice and peaceful until Ashley had to alert it's wearer that it was hiding under the collar.
*sigh*...I don't have a problem with spiders...I just don't want them ON me. I'm hoping it survived the green apple Lysol and somehow escaped out the large wood bank doors out into the big world to continue it's adventures. Maybe not involving sweatshirts though...not very reliable.

Comments

Popular Posts