Magnetic Peony

So it's official...history happened yesterday...and I found a strapless bra that FIT and STAYED. I'm still in a state of shock. Pretty amazing...
I've decided there's an odd gravitational magnetic pull in Bremerton. I have a pretty good sense of direction and only get lost if people give me crappy directions...but for some reason I get SO turned around in Bremerton...ALL the time. It's very strange. I got slightly lost last night but somehow found my way back. Not that it's that hard...but I'm good at messing it up.
Ok...to continue the wedding story:
So the day of the wedding we all woke up relatively early and began the day by having some Mimosas and trying to relax. The bride did two of the bridesmaids' hair (her two sisters) and I single handedly packed the entire car with all the decorations for the reception and ceremony sites. Woot. We made a few errands and tried to keep Alex breathing deeply and slowly (she had knots in her stomach all morning) until it was time to go to the salon to get her hair done. I forget the name of the salon but it was an awesome place and the girl we had did an AWESOME job on all of us. She did Alex's updo and then Michal-anne and I had a part-up part-down style. We all had it slightly different but the same basic concept. It was super cute. I looked like Shirley Temple when I took the curlers out before the girl started on mine. I think that period of time of just SITTING and RELAXING and being pampered was JUST what Alex needed. It really calmed her nerves and I got a great opportunity to take "getting ready" photos of her that the photographer would miss. With tiara and veil in place, Alex, Michal, Jessica, Lacy, and I all took off to the ceremony site just a few minutes earlier than our booked time with the hair stylist was (we were booked from noon to 4...and we only left 15 minutes before 4...I was shocked it took that long but we all looked AMAZING). So get this...the bridesmaids set up ALL the tables and chairs and decor for the reception. The boys showed up right when we finished. LAME!! I guess we just kick ass. Somehow during all the set up Alex kept from being seen by Steve even though she was helping set up just as much as everyone else. Not sure how we managed that. Pretty amazing if you think about it. Michal-anne and I were assigned the decorating of the actual arch that the vows would take place under but we were able to delegate that to some of the cousins/aunts/etc. so that we could actually get DRESSED for the wedding. We all kept in normal clothes because the wedding site was pretty dusty. The wedding took place at Hillside Gardens and Nursery which was BEAUTIFUL. Click here to see for yourself. It had an amazing view of the mountains and the entire time I was in CO it was sunny and blue skies all around. The whole place was very ALEX. It was very gardeny but it also had this quirky artsiness that was just SO Alex. I loved it. I love all the words I just made up...gardeny...artsiness...I ALMOST lost the swiss army knife that John's dad gave me because I was using it for decor but I forced Michal-anne to go get it (I was already in my dress at this point) and put it away. The photographer arrived around the same time we did and caught photos of set up as well as our entire "getting ready" photos which I was grateful for because it's very hard capturing someone getting ready when you have to get ready yourself. Especially when we had to go out first. But we got all ready, took a few more photos, and in another blur the wedding happened. We all almost tripped down the aisle cuz the ground was pretty gravelly and the runner didn't really help at all. In fact it more concealed the gravel so you had the false idea that it would be smoother to walk on. So...that was interesting. But it all worked out and I cried when Alex came out. The picture above is titled "Deep Breaths." The bouquets were huge peony blossoms. We all had pink ones and then Alex had white and a light pink.
Ok...the reception will have to be later. I'm gunna get to work now.

Comments

Popular Posts