Ode to Doris Delona

Doris is no more. I FINALLY, FINNNNAAALLLYYY sold my DANG Mercedes. I am SO relieved, excited, relieved. The guy who bought her was really nice and seemed to know what he was talking about and I believe he might have been a previous bank customer of mine. So...that's cool. He looked really familiar. I let her go for less than I was hoping for...but when isn't that the case? AND I am just SO excited to have her out of my hair so my dad is out of my hair...and just in general to have her out of my hair. For good.
Last night I went to my former group's Tuesday night dinner/hangout. It was nice to see a few old friends again, catch up, eat good food, etc. etc. etc. I FINALLY got my guitar back...and my friend Anna and I talked about maybe starting up a girl's bible study or something of that nature. I think it would be really good for me. I need to do something...and I've been struggling to do anything.
Out of all my plants my Ivy seems to be the happiest. It's slowly creeping its way across my window sill and I quite like it. The African Violet seems fine also...but I find it realllly hard to read in the watering department. It's still alive though so that must mean something.
I just got some very, VERY old photos from my old friend from China, Shelly. Wow...good times! And since I'm incredibly cruel to myself...here are a few...yes I can FEEL your excitement!! These are all from Freshman year in high school.I used to wear enough jewelry to sink a aircraft carrier. Too bad it doesn't show my arms in this picture. I gotta say...I'm so cute! Oh yeah...and this was while I was trying to grow out my hair after dying it black. If you didn't already notice.
And yes....I haven't really changed AT ALL since 9th grade. I think my teeth are crookeder. Crookeder? Is that a word? More crooked. I like crookeder better. This was OFFICIALLY THE WORST CHOIR PERFORMANCE EVER. Every other performer at this event had a prerecorded piece (which is SO cheap) and it was SUPER windy AND...we ALL JUST got off the bus from a forever-long countryside trip...on which I lost my voice...COMPLETELY...so hitting notes was completely out of the question for me. OH...and half our choir couldn't even show up. One word: Nightmare. Oh...one last thing...I realized I never explained the cowboy thing from when I was writing about Alex's wedding. Remember? I said "My trip began and ended with cowboys...?" Click here for the blog where I made that statement. And then I edited the last blog about Alex's wedding to explain the rest of the cowboy thing. Click here to read that one. It's at the bottom.

Comments

Popular Posts