Blurry

Most of my first day in Colorado is a blur because I ended up being awake from 1am until 1am the next morning...but I do know the rehearsal was that day (Thursday) and over all I'd say it went ok. I ended up being the main person directing everyone around and creating an order of events. This was not intended to be my job but the pastor hadn't flown in yet and there was no one to give any direction as to what we were doing and in what order. So as the family bickered about whether or not a groom just walks onto the ceremony site with his groomsmen or if he walks in with his mother and the bride was on the verge of tears because everything was mayhem, I decided to "be the man," asked the bride if she wanted me to take charge (which she did), and proceeded to kick ass as I got everyone in line, told people where to stand, and directed traffic. Woohoo for me! If I hadn't been IN the wedding, I think I could do that for a living. But being IN the wedding I had to push everyone down the aisle as well as MYSELF which was rather...odd. Then I stood in for the pastor since he wasn't around...we went through everything twice and it seemed to flow and make sense. And the bride didn't cry. So...that's all that mattered to me. Oh...and I have to mention that this was the first meeting between the bride's biological mother and biological father in 20 years. So...I felt like it went DAMN well all things considered. Afterward Alex (the bride), Steve (the groom), and several friends went to dinner at an Outback Steakhouse. Now I've never been to an Outback Steakhouse so this was my first time and I don't have any squabbles with them but the waitress we had frankly sucked. I've been a waitress, I know what it takes and Alex used to work at that Outback and she agreed that the waitress was not cool. When our food came out my plate basically looked like this:
Except a little more pathetic. I felt like I had done something wrong...or I was reenacting Oliver Twist where I had to go to the server and ask for "some more" and Alex felt the same because her side was forgotten (which ended up being what happened to my meal) so her plate looked equally sad. But the real horror happened when the server delivering our food gave our friend Michal-Anne her meal. Instead of coming in from the side with the plate, the server lady reached OVER and AROUND Michal-Anne creating a little hug-from-the-back position and being a hefty-chested lady, poor Michal experienced the "boob-against-neck" feeling. GAG. Michal looked SO violated. So we had her with her violated expression and me with my "Did I do something wrong? Where'd my food go??" expression and Alex with her "This place SUCKS...what happened since I left?" expression. It was rather pathetic. We asked for our sides and got them back...and the food was actually really good...it was just the service that sucked. Michal has still to recover. After that I was delivered to my hotel room and I checked in and was able to take a bath and for the first time RELAX. Which I really needed. The next day is also a blur. The rehearsal dinner was in the evening and as far as I can remember everything went well that day but a little dilemma occurred when everyone arrived at the restaurant. The headcount for the dinner was 32 but 42 people showed up. To add to things there was a little drama about who got to sit next to the bride and groom and the bride's dad and step-mom started freaking out and the bride ended up in tears and several people almost left. The crowd in the meantime wandered about like cows without someone to herd them and kept saying "where are we sitting? where are we sitting?" because there was no seating arrangement...note to self: this is why seating arrangements are SO important. Crowds are NOT intelligent enough to just SIT when told to SIT. After going through a series of "seat yourself"..."but where should we sit?"..."it doesn't matter...just sit at any of those 4 tables"..."but where should we sit?"s...I forced the bridal party into their chairs to get the ball rolling and got the crowd seated. The world ALMOST ended when the only two families left unseated were the bride's father and family and the bride's mother and family...but we swiftly moved some things around and got everyone situated...without putting those two together. Not a pretty mental picture.
So...in the end the people who almost left DIDN'T and the bride's dad and step-mom apologized for having a tantrum and everyone ended up happy...a little frazzled but happy. *sigh*...The boys all got a hotel room and let us girls take the house that night and although we planned to try to have some "fun" and watch a movie and be girly, we all just ended up going to sleep...which we all needed. Especially the bride. But not before a quick run to Walmart for random last minute things. Like the groom's ring. Haha...just a temporary one. Oh yeah and stuff to decorate their get-away car.
TO BE CONTINUED LATER!! On to other things...I feel like I've had at least a little headache every day for the past...week and a half? I'm seriously thinking I should get that checked out. That's not normal. Or cool.
Gotta do some more work now...

Comments

Popular Posts