Dead Poet Walking

A normal blog...I will finish the wedding blog soon...
I wrote a poem today for the first time in possibly years. I used to write poetry and lyrics constantly. I don't mean that as an exaggeration either. EVERY Sunday I would write poetry/lyrics during the sermon. I never missed one. And then I would jot down things that would pop into my head daily. Somewhere in there I stopped...I stopped everything. I stopped drawing, doodling, taking pictures, painting...etc. etc. etc. I think it was when I was engaged because my fiance thought my art was evil...and I just stopped being myself. Which sucked. I'm still getting back to being myself. At the wedding I met my best friend Melissa's boyfriend who is a poet. And talking to him just inspired me. It made me miss writing so much. Just writing in GENERAL. Not just poetry. And then last night I went out with Kina and Ashley and some of their friends for Kina and her twin Derek's birthday. I talked to their friend Ty about different authors and books and realized...I want to write. I want to do a lot of other things too but...it's something I used to do a lot of and I miss it. I think now that I'm editing some in my job at mywedding.com...that will help me to get started again. But I gotta write on my own as well. So...I wrote a poem today. I think it turned out. I like it. One thing that was mentioned while I was talking with Melissa and Micah, her boyfriend...was live poetry. I'd love to perform and go to poetry slams. Call me a nerd. I don't care. I just think it would be fun and I think I'd be good at it. Or at least enjoy doing it.
I'm a dead poet walking.

Comments

Popular Posts