Reconciliation

So the group I described a few days ago...things with them have mended. I decided to write the leaders and let them know what happened...not in a mean way by any means but just...let them know because if I were a leader I would want to know if someone had a bad experience in my home. I wasn't sure what to expect at ALL. I was thinking either they'd take it really well and be really nice about it or they'd jump all over me and accuse me of being overly sensitive or something like that. And of course I was leaning towards the more negative response cuz I'm a worrier...(I need to work on that...) but the leaders write right back and apologized profusely and were very, very nice about the whole thing. She even called me on Friday to check up on me. So I'm very impressed with that. Then yesterday my pastor called me at work! I was extremely caught off guard and surprised. We had a really good talk and he wanted to check on me about the whole situation as well because the leader emailed him just to make him aware of the situation. He was very encouraging and I felt maybe 700% better after talking to him. Talking to him really made me think about starting a group of my own again. I thought of it awhile ago but just brushed it off because the whole idea kinda scared me...to DEATH. The last time I was in a leadership position I got burned BAD. And it's hard to get over that. You really lose confidence at a rapid speed and the best thing to do is go right back and join the game again. Get up off the ground, brush yourself off, and try again. But I didn't...and haven't...for a long time. That was what...4 years ago? 5 years ago? So...yeah...it's been awhile. I'm thinking I'm gunna write him and let him know what I'm thinking (my pastor I mean) and just see what he has to say. I really would like to co-lead something so I'm not STUCK. But...yeah...ideas...
Well...I think I might go write my pastor now...OH! I finally FINALLY brought my African Violet to work...I can't remember if I mentioned that in the past few days. It's pretty. It isn't flowering right now but it looks very happy and healthy. Hopefully I can keep it in that state. hehe...

Comments

Popular Posts