The Tramp Stamp


While creating my list of sexy voices yesterday I ran across this picture of Reese Witherspoon. I have no doubt it isn't real but it is still darn cool. I dig it. I showed it to my mom and her first response was "don't get your neck tattooed" hehe...I assured her I wouldn't. For now. No really...actually I've never wanted to do my neck so we're all in the safe zone.
Which brings me to my next subject:
Tramp Stamps
Yes, I am one of the many women stuck with the dreaded tramp stamp. Ironically (maybe not irony...something else probably...bitterly?) I originally was not going to get my tattoo as LOW as a tramp stamp but someone talked me into it and being the mold-able 18 year old that I was...voila! Tramp Stamp. In the long run (and it has been a LONG, LONG run...I'll write a entire blog someday on my tattoo woes and adventures...more woes than adventures...) it's turned out good. I've been able to turn it from something I hated from day 1 to something I love. Now it's no longer really a tramp stamp. And I don't have anything against WELL DONE tattoos in the lower back region. I'll give an example later on of a very well done piece of art done in that area. But many people are stuck with a crappy piece of art with no real meaning in a very typical location with no reason for the location.
After two crappy tattoo artists (on the same tattoo) Chris De Angel from Lucky Boys in Silverdale was able to fix mine and pull it all together. I am forever grateful to him. Anyone needing tattoo work done in the Kitsap County region (this is Washington state we're talking about by the way...) or heck...just western Washington in general...GO TO LUCKY BOYS. It's a great place. Great people, great work, great service. They make you feel like a valued customer and a real person as oppose to a complete butt-wipe. Pardon the expression but many places make it a point to make you feel this way if you haven't already experienced it. Especially girls...what the crap is it? It doesn't matter how many tattoos or piercings you have, most tattoo shops treat girls like they couldn't handle getting their ears pierced when frankly all the guys I know are complete sissies under the needle. Irony.
My tramp stamp is now more of a glorified tramp-stamp-turned-back-piece. So I'd classify it as no longer a tramp stamp. I now totally dig it if you were wondering. So...to all the ladies out there with a butt-topper...I feel your pain...but know that there's a lot you can do to salvage the legendary "tramp stamp." Even really bad ones.
Hang in there.
Now THIS is an example of a non-tramp-tramp-stamp as I like to call them. It's in the typical location as a tramp stamp BUT it's a beautiful piece of art work. Not some cheesy butterfly design. Therefore I don't see it becoming a typical regretted tattoo because it's so well done.
This tattoo was inked by Abdon Lucero of Tinta Cantina in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and is worn by collector Cindy Chavez.I'm glad that I was able to salvage my own and make it something I'm not embarrassed to show if someone sees a piece of it while I'm reaching for something. So far the only comments I've gotten are "that's amazing"...and I'm cool with that.

Comments

Popular Posts