DANG IT!!


One of my favorite bands Project 86 is playing in Seattle tomorrow. TOMORROW! And of course I wasn't notified of this until this morning. So...that kinda sucks. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually. Last year in the summer I went to Creation Fest and they were there. There were so many bands playing and things going on and the heat was getting to my head that I forgot they were there. I was walking to the main stage and off to the side on the fringe stage I heard this bass line that was just soooo familiar but I couldn't quite place it. All of a sudden I recognized it, realized I had forgotten they were there and broke into a run and caught the last few songs of the show which were awesome. They had a woman on the side doing sign-language to their music which was pretty amazing...especially when you know what kind of music they play. There's something incredible about sign-language done to really hard music. And I gotta say: Project 86 is A-MA-ZING live. So...sad I won't see them tomorrow...maybe next year. But definitely again sometime.
Another band I missed just barely was Spoken. I don't remember if it was last year or the year before but I had planned to go and then I couldn't find anyone who could go with me and ended up chickening out. But I've wanted to see Spoken live for years. They've changed SO much since I first heard their first CD. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. The lead singer has this really high quality of voice...I can't remember who it reminds me of. I totally placed it the other day...OH!...maybe the lead singer from Rage Against the Machine. That feel. Anyways...definitely will see them someday too. They should do a show together. Would rock. My face. Off.

Comments

Popular Posts