Meet Ivy and Violet

I bought an ivy and brought it to work. I feel like I'm slowly creating a little Zen garden at work. I have a nice relaxing space...which I guess is what Zen is...I've never been completely sure.
I have an unusual talent for killing all the plants I've ever had. I've even managed to kill some cacti which I thought was impossible but apparently it happens. I'm very determined to keep this little ivy alive. We're starting out well I think. I re-potted it, gave it more soil, and finally got around to bringing it to work. It's very healthy and it makes me feel healthy having my very own supply of oxygen 2 feet away from me. I have an African Violet I plan on bringing in too as soon as I re-pot it.
I think people underestimate how therapeutic having plants can be. I love gardens. I've always wanted a garden. We finally started a real garden a few summers ago in our current house along the side by the pathway to the backyard. But with how busy life gets I often forget I even have a garden until I do, in fact, not have a garden anymore because everything is dead. That's pretty much what has happened every time I've tried to grow something. If my dad isn't directly involved (since he has the green thumb in the family and I definitely did NOT inherit it), everything dies. I think I'll do better with office plants though.
Here's why: 1. They're right by my face. 2. I'm very aware of my surroundings at work. 3. Some of my co-workers make it a point to water all the plants from time to time. And 4. It's been a long time since I've had a plant that it's become a novelty again. Hopefully I'll stay aware of its existence. I think I will.
I fixed my hair. It's no longer anywhere close to resembling Pippi Longstocking which I'm pretty thrilled about. It's still much redder than I was planning on having it but...eh...it's manageable and I'm sure it'll fade a bit within the next few days. Hopefully John won't jump when he sees it.
John is wonderful if I haven't mentioned that recently. I've had a hard end of the week and he called me this morning just to tell me he loved me and was praying for me. I burst in to tears as soon as I hung up...not necessarily because I was still having a hard time...but because he never ceases to surprise me. In the most awesome, wonderfullest (great word...) ways. I've never felt more cared for by a person.
Well work calls so I must get to it. I plan on writing a blog soon about my work and what I do. Which I'm actually rather excited about doing. Not sure why. Maybe because I love my job. Sweet.

Comments

Popular Posts