Coleslaw.

One of the best unknowns I've discovered over the past few months is Sia's first (as far as I know) CD "Healing is Difficult." Although Sia has gotten a lot more publicity recently (and also from her Zero 7 contributions), few people know of the existence of this album so here I am to shout it from the roof tops: GO LISTEN TO IT.
It's definitely different from her style now. But not in a negative way AT ALL. When checking it out before buying it, I read the lyrics to the first song on the disc called "Fear" and was simply blown away by...not sure exactly what...the creativity? The choice of wording? The blatant truth in what she was saying? Whatever it was, I loved it and it made me think and when I finally got to listen to the song I loved the way she put it all together. So...go listen to the whole thing...cuz it's great. FO...SHO.
Another singer I have to mention is Plumb. She's a bit of an unknown in the big world. On the Christian music scene (don't run away just because I said Christian...) she has a bit of a bigger name for herself. But her music has been in a few movies and commercials and I believe redone by a few other secular artists. Watch "Bruce Almighty" and when Jennifer Aniston is out running there's a song playing called "God Shaped Hole." That's Plumb, baby!! I never got into her third CD but her first two and fourth and fifth are definite winners (still in the process of getting into the fifth). I miss her original sound because she has changed a bit over the years...but she's still Plumb and she never ceases to surprise me. I think getting married and having kids gave her a little softer of a side. ;) Check her out too. NOW.
I command you.
Today is going slow. Someone asked me to photograph their daughter's wedding. I'm stoked/scared. Last night I took around 200 pictures of some flowers. That isn't an exaggeration. I had about 8 candy bars for lunch. That isn't an exaggeration either...but they were minis...so...yes I guess it was an exaggeration but in a different sense. I might have converted one of my co-worker/buddies over to the wonderful world of bloggity blogging (GO Nicole GO!!). I found 4 quarters on the beach the other day. This is getting random. Coleslaw.

Comments

Popular Posts