To the Pointe

I always wanted to be a ballerina. I've wanted to be a variety of things...and still do. Being a ballerina was one of those cliche things every little girl (ok..most) wants to be. Kinda like the horse thing. Every girl wants a horse. I know I did...
But unlike the horse, I still want to be a ballerina. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because ballet seems to be the epitome of elegance, gracefulness, and beauty. Every time I see a picture of anything Ballet-related I sigh and go off into my "what-if" dreamy world. I had an ex awhile back tell me if I really believed in myself, I could still be a ballerina. Yeahhhh...no. The type of training that goes into becoming a ballerina is literally unattainable at my age (makes me sound ancient). It's a nice thought...but an unrealistic one. I guess I'll just have to sigh and wish I could wear some of those toe-shoes.
Which brings me to my next topic randomly. Michael Parkes. Definitely one of my favorite artists. He has an amazing sense of symbolism in his work. He also is amazing at anatomy which I highly, HIGHLY respect in any artist. This is my favorite of his. I think...

Comments

Popular Posts