Get Over It: Live Volume #1

I've discovered over the years that very few musical artists can actually give a really SMASHING (yes, I used "smashing" and I'm not even British) performance live. It's sad really...but very true. So...today...I decided to pay homage to a few females who can deliver a GOOD live show. In no particular order.
1. Bjork...yes, Bjork. Get over it and just watch the video...but before you do, shed your brain of all anti-Bjork prejudices. Check out this video: Venus as a boy(live)


2. Sia!!! I've seen her live twice...and she's just lovely. She seriously out-does herself and makes her CD sound dull when you see her live. SO good. This video doesn't do her justice...as usual.

3. Kelly Clarkson. NO DUH. I don't think I've ever heard a bad live performance of her.

4. Mariah Carey...another DUH. This is one of my favorite performances of the National Anthem. Simply amazing.
5. Rachael Yamagata. I love how gritty her voice is and you never even know it listening to her recordings. Dig it.
I'll stick with that for now...more to come eventually. I hope you enjoyed. If you didn't...watch them again.

Comments

Popular Posts