Hot Date

So I dreamed I was back in elementary school and was being taught something in Japanese...and then my alarm went off. It was annoying...cuz I wasn't a huge fan of my elementary years...and I think I was the same age I am now...just...in elementary school. Odd.
Yesterday the design and development team at mywedding.com (also known as "devine") went out for our weekly lunch out. We went to the beach and we got to play around with crabs and poke random things in the water. And randomly our coworker who's on maternity leave appeared out of nowhere and got to join us! It was very random and unplanned but nice to see her and see her baby.
I met up with John for our mid-week date after work. We haven't done that in awhile so it was nice to see him and do dinner and just spend time together. He said he had a surprise for me so I was quite curious about it. When we met up we realized we had matching shirts (NERDS!!). Not completely literally the SAME shirt or anything but we both had white shirts with gray stripes. It was cute. And no we didn't plan for that. John gave me my first surprise when we first met up. He got me a really light weight shirt for hiking because while we were hiking I was wearing a tank top which was fine for awhile but any time we'd stop I'd get really cold. So he let me wear a shirt of his that was really light so it didn't feel like YET another layer. It was really sweet and thoughtful of him. For dinner, we went to one of my favorite Japanese places (thank you again John) and John gave me a 2nd surprise! He made me close my eyes and open my hand and he gave me an old Chinese coin from the 30's that he had gotten the day before in Bellingham at either an antique place or just a vendor of old coins. I was very surprised and I've never seen anything like it. And I LOVE that sorta thing...so...I'm stoked about it. The sun on it makes me almost think it's Japanese or Taiwanese. I'll have to research it. Either way I love it.
After dinner we walked around a little bit and saw a tall ship docking so we went to watch it. It was really pretty and well kept. It was painted green and yellow. I'm not sure what it's name was. While we were watching that I kept thinking I saw something jump in the water and then I realized there was a HUGE school of fish right under the dock. Every few seconds one of them would jump out of the water. John tried to get some pictures cuz I completely forgot my camera. After that we went walking around town some more and went into this one mini-mall type place that we'd never been in before. It was just a collection of shops (mostly closed) and there was one shop that was dedicated entirely to puzzles and games. Outside the shop was a table with a puzzle on it of some of the big stars; Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, James Dean, and Sinatra. There was a sign on the table that said "Add a piece to the puzzle!" So we did! We're complete nerds and while his parents were visiting, John and I (and his sister Emily) did two puzzles we found at the cabin they were staying at. We seriously stood and added pieces to that puzzle for around 20 minutes. We had a blast...cuz we're cool like that. And easily entertained. After that we went down to our favorite ice cream place called Elevated Ice Cream to use the rest room and get dessert. John got Cinnamon Kiss and I got Brandied Apricot. They seem to get new unusual flavors consistently. I think they make the ice cream themselves too.
With ice creams in hand, we walked over to a playground and I sat on a swing and we talked and finished our ice cream. We then ventured over to an area of Port Townsend we've never really gone...but time got too close to when his ferry would arrive so we had to rush back. But next time we'll keep exploring. *sigh* I love dates.
Blue is healing up nicely. His wound completely closed up and is almost healed. He just has to grow his fur back now. Poor baby.
Wellllll...off to work I go.

Comments

Popular Posts