Mustard In Person

Friday I was disappointed. Sherlock missed his weekly appearance. I was rather confused the rest of the weekend because his sighting sets off my weekends now days. Friday just wasn't Friday without him. I wondered if I had concentrated on my work too intensely (for once) and just missed him.
And then...it happened. I crossed paths with the alleged Sherlock Holmes, the greatest fictional/historical character of English...American...something literature. TODAY. I know I should know which literature...but I don't. So...get over it. The point is this: we walked by one another and we were a mere foot from each other. And I must say he is a mighty OAK of a man. HUGE. Tall. Fierce. He silently mouthed "hi" as he passed and I tried to keep my eyes from bugging from excitement...which I completely failed. I told Gretchen after he passed (not that me saying "Look! It's Sherlock!" in his face would REALLY give anything away...) and she turned around to see him just leaving. I also got a better picture of him today out my window with my camera, not my phone. I am beside myself in enthusiastic excitement. Just wait...soon we'll be having coffee...no scratch that. TEA. We'll be having tea, chatting about the last several hundred years he's seen, all the wondrous criminals he's tracked down. I just can't WAIT. :D
By the way, as you can see he was in Dog the Bounty Hunter mode.

Comments

Popular Posts