Kell's Mediterranean Belltown

It is Monday (but this probably won't post till Tuesday)! And I had a wonderful weekend. Not everything went as planned but hey...it's all good. We had a great time anyway.
So...Friday I came to work with everything to get to Seattle to surprise John. I baked him an apple pie and somehow lugged that over with me without it falling apart or anything.
I got to Seattle and after John picked me up we went to REI because they were having a big sale and we wanted to check it out. Then after REI I gave John his surprise which was a night at a hotel on Queen Anne so that we didn't have to worry about driving home after his party. Aren't I SWEET?? We stayed at the Mediterranean Inn on lower Queen Anne and it was really nice. The people were really friendly and the rooms were nice. So...if you ever need to stay somewhere near Queen Anne but close to downtown, stay there. They're great.
John was VERY surprised and excited and once we got our room we ate pie and sandwiches (that he brought) and watched tv. I almost dozed off but then it was time to get ready to go to Kell's which is where we were meeting "everyone" for his birthday. I will explain why "everyone" is in quotations later.
We got all snazzy and nice looking and walked from our hotel to Kell's in Post Alley...which is quite a hike especially when you're in heels. But we somehow made it and I only got whistled at once. We stopped near the Pike Place Market to take pictures of the sunset (cuz it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL ALL weekend...it was amazing...) and then headed up to Kell's. Well I didn't mention it before but we already knew most of his friends wouldn't be coming. In fact, we thought only one was coming. But he ended up not even coming. So...I can flip flop all day about it but here's the facts: It's quite a ways to drive from Whidbey to Seattle just for a night out on the town...this I understand (it's around 2 1/2 hours or so...unless you truck it.) BUT...a friend is a friend and you can make excuses as to why you missed their birthday until you're blue in the face but the bottom line is...you still missed their birthday without a realistic excuse. Distance isn't an excuse. Unless you're over 4 hours away. That's the rule of thumb. Maybe I'm just super cool since I'd drive pretty far to see someone for their birthday...but...whatever. Soooo...I think John's friends are sissies and they will need to prove themselves otherwise. Ok not really. But I am quite unimpressed. Come on guys.
SO...we got to Kell's and waited for my coworker Damien to show up, went in and the Irish band started playing and we had a few drinks. Shortly my cousin showed up which I was THRILLED about cuz I wasn't sure if she was coming. But she did and we all had a good time. She has one of those personalities that makes any sort of slight awkwardness go away in any group of people. We all moved to the restaurant side of the pub and sat outside and enjoyed a little quieter of an atmosphere as we had some food. My friend Kina then showed up with some people and we all chilled inside for awhile. Kina ended up leaving shortly after and we were going to meet her where ever her friends ended up going but we lost track of each other and the 4 of us left decided to go to Belltown Billiards which turned out to be fun. And John and I danced for the very FIRST time which was very nice and fun.I think we hung out there around an hour or so. Maybe a little longer. But we were getting pretty tired so we decided to call it a night (and it wasn't even 2am!) and so we dropped Steph, my cousin, off and took our cab home. I am SO glad I got that hotel. It was seriously so nice and relaxing to just go back and sleep and not have to worry about a dang ferry or anything. Andddddd I'll finish the story later.

Comments

Popular Posts