Nasty, Dirty Money

Today is payday and this is my first paycheck to implement my new budget I put together. I'm extremely (ridiculously) excited about it because I finally know where ALL my money is going and can pay off debt a lot faster since I don't have any more holes in my wallet. I'm hoping I can stick to it and be diligent. I'm determined.
Ahhh...this picture reminds me of counting money at the bank. I actually do miss counting money...that was fun. And I was pretty fast. I don't miss the smell of money. And every time I say that people are like "oh yeah! I know...pennies and quarters and all the coins smell SO bad..." but the thing is...they don't even KNOW. I would rather be locked in a small vault with piles of old pennies than be stuck in a vault with cash. Cash smells SO bad in large quantities. Especially when those large quantities are from food establishments...like subway. Oh gag. Subway money is the WORST. It smells like bad pickles, rotting lettuce, and overly processed meat. Ground up groceries gone bad. Not a pretty picture? Not a pretty smell. Oddly enough...you'd think new money would smell better but it's quite the opposite. Brand new one dollar bills always smelled SO rank. I say one dollar bills because that's usually what we got a bunch of. All new bills smell aweful. That is one part of money and counting it that I don't miss...and the dirt residue that cakes on your hands after counting it. *sigh* Glad to be done with that.

Comments

Popular Posts