TADA!!

TADA!! I'm a married lady!!
It has been three days since our wedding and already I feel like I've always been married. The only thing that reminds me of Saturday's events is the continuous excitement and questions from friends and coworkers as well as the grin I can't wipe from my face (not to mention the grin on my husband's face). And saying "husband." That's definitely a weird/cool/awesome thing.
As promised, I am posting our vows since very few people were able to hear me say mine since I was, as expected, a huge ball of blubbering emotion. So here they are.

John's Vow
:
I know we've been looking forward to this day for a while now. Ever since we've met, we've only grown closer together. You're the most wonderful, beautiful, and amazing woman I've met. Neither words nor deeds can describe the love, respect, and devotion I have for you, Rachel. You are more than I could have hoped or prayed for. Throughout our courtship God has shown his abundant love and blessings. It may sound cheesy but He sent me an angle when He sent me you. James chapter 1 verse 17 reads "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
As time wears on and we grow older, my love and devotion to you will only thrive. I promise to be the husband God has called me to be, to provide, protect and support you. We both know there will be tough times ahead but I know we can weather any storm life throws at us. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity but of power, love, and self-discipline. I know God has big plans for us. This is our next step in our walk with Him. My prayer for us is to continue to place God at the center of our lives. I know we grow closer together by growing closer to Him. Rachel Laurie Jackson, you are my best friend, soul mate, and true love. I will love you both now and forever both through our times of joy and our times of difficulty. Now standing before God and our family and friends, I take you as my wife and pledge my life, love and devotion to you as your husband.

Rachel's Vow
:
I can't tell you how many times this month I've laid awake trying to find the right words to say. Struggling to adequately say I love you in a way that shows and somehow proves I always will. Because I will. But I'm learning I will never be able to write enough words on the subject. One of my favorite lines of lyrics explained invincible love like this:
Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.
And that's when it hit me. What I needed to say and what I could never forget was our love is only as strong as our foundation and I have my assurance in the fact our love is founded on something eternal. I know I can make all the promises I can muster but only God can ensure they never break or fracture. That is why I have entrusted both my heart and your heart that you have given me as well as these promises to his guarding hands alone. I know without a doubt we will be, if we aren't already, the sappy old couple on the bench together, holding hands and chuckling about something that happened 50 years ago. I can't wait to grow old with you and get an abnormal amount of smile lines because you make me happier than I thought possible. You are the best man I have ever known and I know you were made just for me because God has proven it to me over and over again. But most of all I can't wait to grow in our faith in God as a couple, complimenting each other and bringing our burdens to Him together. Growing closer to our true soul mate as we grow closer in our marriage. I can't wait. Thank you for being my best friend, my love, my own. I love you.

And there you have it friends. If you aren't at least a tiny bit moved or teary right now, you officially have no emotions...jk...but seriously...get that checked out!
P.S. Yes, that is ME at the altar with John.

Comments

Popular Posts