Moments of Fame/Pain

What were you doing New Year's, New Year's Eve?
It finally happened: I got my New Year's Kiss with my true love.
We met across the water in Seattle and went to Damien's for a little pre-New Year's party and to get ready. We left in a cab to Pier 66 at 8:30ish...the cab came a lot sooner than expected so I ended up forgetting both my camera and my phone...which put a damper on the evening for 2 reasons. 1. We were going to an event of around 4000-5000 people. 2. If I got separated from anyone, I'd be screwed. So I was pretty paranoid most of the night, trying to keep at someone's side at all times. John and I got our tickets in the will-call line and quickly made it inside. We quickly got our picture taken by a 92.5 rep which was posted online (we're so cool). Moments of fame.The place was HUGE and for awhile it was kind of hard to figure out how to get to the other floors and sections of the room...but we figured it out and did our fair share of exploring. There was a tad bit of false advertising...like I swear there were NOT 35 bars. And there was NO good view of the Space Needle like they said...and we felt like it just wasn't as swanky as they made it sound...but other than that it was a good party with lots to do. A Salsa band, a 80's band, an R & B band, and several different dance floors as well as a comedy club. The comedy club started out on the bad end because...let's face it...most female comedians just aren't funny. I almost made that my final opinion until the hostess came out and started talking and my goodness...that lady was a hoot and a half. Cathy Sorbo. Check her out. I don't even remember how long she spoke but she had me in stitches the entire time. Definitely the highlight of my time in that room. Over all the evening had a good beginning and a good end. Which is all that matters. There were some dodgy moments in the middle. Mostly it was my fault for letting stuff get to me that I shouldn't have. I was doing okay until midnight and then after that I just let it sink in...and almost ruined the evening. Aside from that the other two things that were crappy were 1. John's coat got lost in the coat check...and 2. We had to walk to Damien's house...me in heels...because there were no cabs to be found. SOMEHOW Damien and Nicole and Katie found a cab right after we left on foot. But while we were there it just looked like a lost cause. We inched (because I was in heels and in severe pain because heels should NEVER be worn for over 8 hours at a time...) our way miserably to Damien's in the rain...but once we got there, I forgot my troubles and got over my stupid annoyances and enjoyed propping my feet up and eating cold pizza. Ahhh...cold pizza. Ease all my woes.
But back to the main event of the evening: the kiss. John actually was missing 3 minutes to midnight (why I was annoyed...why I shouldn't have forgotten my phone) but thankfully appeared just in time and we shared a wonderful kiss...even my crankiness couldn't ruin how wonderful it was. So...I got what I wanted this New Year. Did you?

Comments

Popular Posts