Attack of the Post-Wedding Death Germs

Now that the wedding is over, my body has finally decided to relax which has resulted in me accumulating as many germs in my body as possible: hence the title...thus...I am sick. I don't know why but anytime I talk to someone when I'm sick and they comment how "wow, you really DO sound REALLY sick!" I feel so much less guilty about calling in sick at work. I am one of those people that feels guilty every single time I call in sick. Regardless of how deathly-ill I am or feel. The guilt always sets in. I secretly suspect it is a result of several previous jobs that emotionally maimed me for life. Any death-bed-call-in-sick was met with a 10 minute guilt trip, explaining how the unnamed place of work would not function without someone in your position there and you would be guilty of keeping an entire branch closed because you didn't feel good. Which ultimately lead you to drag your weak, helpless body to work where you got low customer service scores because of your "attitude." I even remember dreaming that a certain coworker was stalking me while I was sick so that she could prove to the company that I wasn't REALLY sick (even though I was) and get me fired. In the dream, she recorded a video of me on her cellphone and laughed as she went to show it to my "superiors." *sigh* Oh how happy I am that those days have passed and how I love my new job. <3 My new job, contrary to my previous one, makes me feel guilty for calling in sick without even trying to because...in the end it's just ME making ME feel guilty for calling in sick even if I am breathing like a walrus and have a puke pan next to my bed. While my coworkers send me well-wishing txts and get-better IM's, I am reminded that the only reason I feel guilty that I called in sick...is because I truly enjoy working there and what I do...which is a rare and wonderful thing. So I should quit this guilt trip on myself, huh?

Comments

Popular Posts