Shot Through The Heart

Well...needless to say...I didn't take a sleeping pill tonight. It's been a long day. Long in a good way...but the stress is setting in and I should really be asleep...but I'm not. Thankfully my brother came to the rescue and we played Burnout 3. Or 2. I forget which. It's been awhile. It's the perfect game for people with road rage...or large amounts of stress. That's why I played it a lot in college. Lots of crashing of cars = fun when you're stressed and under pressure.
Today I got my dress...I'm sooooooooo relieved. I cannot even adequately describe how relieved I am. I got a call Friday (when my dress was SUPPOSED to arrive) saying my dress was stuck...in Portland. I kept pretty calm but I can't say my heart didn't sink a few feet into the pit of my stomach. Then I got a call Monday letting me know it was IN Seattle and the shop owner of the bridal salon where I got it (if you ever find yourself in need of a wedding dress, GO TO PEARLS & LACE in Burien...they are amazing...) made sure she had it IN the shop before the day was through...on her day off. I am amazed at how great the people at Pearls & Lace have been. Thank you, thank you, thank you. So today, my mom and I got up early and headed over there. We got there 15 minutes early so we slipped over to el Starboox and got us some coffee...even though we were already highly jittery without it. Once it was opening time, we rushed back over and were the first people in the shop. As soon as I entered the shop, I teared up...I was just so ecstatic to finally be there getting MY dress. IN TIME for my wedding. Julie, the owner, was thrilled to see us and hadn't expected us so early so she still had to steam my dress. She brought out a white package half a foot thick and about a foot and a half by 2 feet wide...and that was my dress! I was expecting like...a hugemungo box or something but it came in this compact little rectangle. She steamed it out and I got to lay eyes on my dress for the first time. This was my second time seeing this design in taffeta and I love it. It's amazing. I cannot stop singing its praises so I'll refrain. I tried it on and it fit like a glove...a very well-fit glove at that. We took some pictures and giddily giggled as we got it wrapped up nicely in a garment bag and paid the second half of the payment. Since it hadn't arrived in 2 days we didn't have to pay for the 2 day shipping...which was grand. Julie wished me well and gave me a hug and with that, we were off to find ourselves some grub. The best moment on the way home was when my mom rolled down the window and screamed "My Daughter Is Getting Married!!" It's an amazing feeling. This afternoon I got to acquire my veil as well...so I feel very accomplished...but also the twinge of stress is definitely making a home in my little head. I'm losing hair in the shower...my back is aching...my head is hurting...I have egzema on my arm. OH the joys of stress...but as long as I have my man and my dress on my wedding day (and our families of course...oh yeah and someone holding a camera), I am all good. Ashley offered to bring me a shot of vodka to calm my nerves on the day of the wedding...I'm starting to consider her offer more seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts