The Last Emperor

This weekend I watched the fight between Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko and Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski. I don't watch fights. I've never really watched a whole fight. The only time I watch fights is when I have access to TV and there's literally nothing else on. And I do mean NOTHING. But this weekend John and I went over to a friend's house and watched the fight (mainly just to do something social), and I gotta say I enjoyed it...to my own surprise. I saw two guys get knocked out which I've never seen before. It's kinda sickening and fascinating at the same time. That you could get knocked out in one blow. Amazing. But out of all the fights leading up to the main event, I wasn't impressed with anyone as much as I was with Fedor. I mean give me a break man...such a friggin humble guy. While everyone else made a fool of themselves with a victory dance on their way to the ring BEFORE they even fought, Fedor just came and did his thing and didn't make it a big deal. He also didn't make it a big deal when he knocked Arlovski out within the first round unlike some of the asses out there. He didn't make it a big deal when he won. I'd say the most you saw was a simple smile from him. That's it (I wonder if that's his secret weapon...creeps the opponent out...it looks like he rarely looks them in the eye before the fight begins). When you pair that with jaw-dropping technique (I'm a girl that doesn't watch fighting of any kind and even I could see he had incredible technique. Hello...foot work?), I gotta respect that. Why I find this so fascinating? NO idea.
Note: As expected, they took down all the videos of the knockout that I wanted to post because of copyright laws (puleaaaase) but I WILL hunt one down for you all. I will, I will.....ok so...lame. So far the only video I've found is 6 seconds long and doesn't really show the blazing glory of the knock out. And the person who posted it dubbed in the "This is SPARTA!!" line from 300 because Arlovski looks painfully similar to King Leonidus. So...if that's all I can offer...I give you...the Knock Out. And just because it fascinates me, HERE'S a cool video about Fedor and Andrei.

Comments

Popular Posts