Ode to EnV

My phone is finally on its last legs. In fact, it's on it's last toe. I was barely able to charge it the other night. Last night I got it to charge, but in the process of carefully putting it down after getting it plugged in, it must have gotten out of "charge" mode because my battery died shortly after arriving at work today.
After sitting in front of my computer screen for over 2 hours debating with myself and going through the entire order process and then chickening out at the last second at least twice, I finally forced myself to make a decision and order a new phone. Thankfully I'm due for a new one regardless and have a "new every two" coupon towards a new phone. But to be honest, I was disappointed with the phone selection this time around. Which is why it became increasingly difficult to decide on something I wasn't sure about. But I got myself to bite the bullet and just do it, as they say at Nike.
Last night I watched a cartoon my brother got me for Christmas that I hadn't seen in exactly 16 years. Turns out it actually was originally a comic book/strip in the early 1900's which is super cool. The cartoon is pretty cheesy but it was cool seeing it again and having foggy memories come back of seeing it in second grade in theatres. I remember we were allowed to get a drink from the concession stand and I didn't know what to get because I didn't really recognize all the drink names (being in China makes you miss important parts of being an American kid...like knowing what Dr. Pepper is). My friend told me to order "Dr. P" so I did and enjoyed it.
Now I want to get the comic books of Little Nemo. That might be a little more of a trick than getting the movie...and believe me...finding Little Nemo on DVD was next to impossible. I gave up several years ago but somehow my brother found it.

Comments

Popular Posts