Waxing Queen

I dreamt I somehow got a loan or scholarship from John's Squadron...meaning the military...but if I didn't fulfill all the requirements, I'd have to show in court...and court consisted of appearing before the entire Squadron...for whatever reason. I also had to go to three lectures that were more like sermons. I'd only attended one and if I didn't attend two more, I'd be in huge trouble with the military. There was also something to do with thinly sliced roast beef and some German specialty where you ate different pieces of roast beef that had all been cooked different amounts of time. Yeah. I've got nothing.
Last night I tried out some new sugaring wax I bought including a warmer pad...which basically means the wax heats up on the warmer pad to the right temp and STAYS there. Amazing, I know. No more running back and forth to the microwave. YES. While trying to get some pesky chin hairs (everyone has them...if you haven't noticed any on yourself, be assured they are there), I went into the other room to get some scissors to cut some of the strips.
John "You're already done waxing your legs?"
Me "I'm not waxing my legs. I'm waxing my face."
John "But you're not hairy!"
Me "I have hair."
John "Everyone has hair!"
Me "But I have hairs I need to take care of."
John "I've never seen any..."
I heart that man so much...he makes me feel so great about myself without even trying.
Although no wax is perfect (if you beg to differ, please tell me what you use), this was definitely an improvement from past experiences. Never-ending past experiences, I should say. But it doesn't help that I have hair with super-human strength. No joke. But one of the best things about this wax aside from the heater pad which I LOVE...the strips are completely sturdy and reusable. Meaning...I'm literally creating zero trash which is great in my very lengthily book. I'm excited to try this wax on my legs.
I'm definitely not a waxing pro by any means (but I should definitely apply as a waxing consistency expert since I've tried SO many different waxes that simply do not work) but even just playing around with it last night, I felt myself improving with each try and figuring out what techniques worked and what didn't. Ahhhh...the things we go through for beauty. It's sad really.

Comments

Popular Posts