Clay and Cabbage

So I'm having a slight dilemma...as usual. But I think I've mostly figured it out. A few posts ago I said I would be getting rid of my creativity blog and whatnot...well...I'm still undecided on this. Part of me thinks it would be much simpler to have everything here. The other part of me thinks it would be much simpler to continue with separate blogs and just suck it up. One issue I came across was I have business cards with my creativity blog address on them...not this address. And I'd rather not get a bunch of new business cards...as they cost moolah...so...yeah...still undecided...any thoughts? It's not that the business cards cost THAT much...
I was creative yesterday evening...I know! I'm about as shocked as you are. And I did a variety of things. Here's a sampling: I've been meaning to try an idea my mom and I came up with since last week...with clay. Well I finally played around and this is a head I came up with. Pre-paint of course. Here she is with some paint (still not finished) and body and arms and dress. Still working on her...but so far I'm pleased! And in the process of trying to create some home-made postcards, this little beauty came out. I'm kind of a fan. Still getting a feel for it and trying to decide if anything else needs to be done to it. I call it "Cabbage Patch Girl."
I also got started on some image transfer work which I hope to continue today. On a whole, I'm very pleased with myself for being creative as it has been a struggle lately. But I had a good time and want to continue. Definitely want to finish the doll. She has a name but I'm saving that for a later post. Oh and forgive my phone's camera. Not the best pictures...it kept flashing (my phone has a flash! crazy!) so brightly that it whited out all the details of the doll so I had to turn it off and do low light.

Comments

Popular Posts