Cait

Despite getting up earlier than usually and only hitting the snooze button once, I still seem to finish getting ready RIGHT on time with no time to spare. Why is that? Why does that happen? How? It's strange. But most importantly it is FRIDAY!!!!!! This has been an incredibly short week...which has been nice.
Yesterday evening my alarm on my phone went off and reminded me I had a friend coming to town to visit in Jacksonville. I had made plans with another friend, completely forgetting my original plans. Thank goodness for cellphones, I'll tell ya that. Sorry again, Monique. I feel like a loser I had to cancel...but we shall hangout soon. Monday?
The friend I had made my original plans with is someone I have not seen in EIGHT years. We hadn't realized it had been that long until we were face to face. Pretty crazy. We used to hangout together while our parents went to conferences in Thailand. She was for the most part the ONLY other girl my age. We only saw each other every few years so it was definitely a distant friendship but we ALWAYS spent time together when we were there. I have countless memories by the pool with her trying to teach me how to do a back flip into the pool (STILL can't do it, Cait).
Here we are 8 years later. We're both married and she is the mother of two beautiful curly haired girls. It still feels like we should be hanging out by the pool and singing Pocahontas songs (okay that was probably just me) but instead I just went to where she was staying (her grandma's house) and visited with her, her mom, and her mom's mom. I had the chance to see her mom last year during a visit while my own mom was here and it was SO great letting them catch up and catching up myself. After dinner, Patti (her mom) and her grandma shoved us out the door and we chatted our heads off at Barnes and Noble amid two of our favorite things: coffee and books. It was SO awesome catching up and laughing about old times...and being reminded of how strange I was as a child. Ohhh boy. ;) My favorite line of the night (among others): "When I first saw a poster of Avril Lavigne, I thought you had become famous. I was like 'Oh my gosh...that's Rachel!'" Bahahaha...ah...good times. I remember the first time I saw Avril Lavigne too. I used to wear tons of bracelets. As soon as I saw she was doing it, I took them off. I was NOT about to be asked if I was copying Avril. Avril...we both know I started the trend. Get over yourself. lol
Hopefully Cait and I will get to meet up again soon and meet each other's husbands.

Comments

Unknown said…
This made me smile...
It was awesome.
You weren't the only one singing Pocahontas...
And I didn't think you were weird. Very very cool definitely.
Can you still speak Klingon?

Popular Posts