The Art of Changing

This weekend marks two special events: Father's Day and John's 28th birthday. Now John's birthday actually isn't until Monday. BUT...we're celebrating this weekend by going to a bnb in Wilmington, enjoying the beach, enjoying amazing eats at a local fondue joint that I've heard nothing but raves about...and then who knows what else. I got him (and I can write this because he won't check this until after he's opened it) a really nice ol' school shaving set complete with shaving products from The Art of Shaving. I'm reallllyyyyyyyyy stoked to see how he likes it.
I also sent my dad three pictures I took framed for Father's Day and am stoked to see what HE thinks of it.
Only downfall of the weekend (or the very beginning of it): I am feeling a pain in my throat...meaning I might be coming down with something. But I just took my vitamins and am going to stay HEALTHY, darn it. Oh and by the way...my canker sore from heck went away finally. YES!
This day started with some gentle correction from a dear friend. We never got to be super close because time and location never truly permitted it, but I always valued her mind and her heart. So basically, I was being a jerk on facebook and she totally called me out on it. And as much as it stings being called out on something you messed up on, there's also this sense of satisfaction knowing that you can right something you did wrong. It gets too easy to fall into the petty little things that RULE this country and culture. Gossip. Slander. Hatred. Judgmental hypocrisy. It's the spiraling cycle that IS American culture...and I'm guilty of taking part which honestly disgusts me. What I said could have been handled differently or not at all as it did not pertain to me. WHY do we feel compelled to put our noses in everyone else's business? And how am I able to constantly correct John when he is unfairly judging others, yet I turn and do the same thing myself? Sigh...change, oh heart of mine. I need change in every aspect of my life. My heart, mind, soul, situation, environment, attitude...it all needs to go.
God, scrub this mind and heart clean. I don't want to represent you in this sorry state.

Comments

SOkaley said…
I purchased a whole awesome kit from The Art of Shaving for a close friend of mine for his birthday- he LOVED IT! I hope John loves it too! :)

And yes, it's very easy to become judgemental of others and forget that Christ sees each and every one of us in the same light. You are good to remind us all to be more careful of what we say, think and do :)
(btw, my friends facebook status this morning was : "Facebook causes too much drama" and I noticed a specific post that could have been a little on the harsh side had dissappeard. It made me laugh, because it's so true. I always have to check and double check my posts because it's so easy to post what's on my mind THAT specific instant without really thinking about it too much)

Popular Posts