Miracle Worker

I have this canker sore type thing in my mouth right by my jaw. And this thing hurts SO bad it feels like someone punched me in the face. It feels like it's making the muscle itself swollen. Not a nice feeling. Friday, I was trying to wring out a hot washcloth to put on that side of my face to ease the muscle pain...but I had already burned the dickens out of my finger...and when you've burned the dickens out of your finger and are still handling hot things, you know it KILLS. So...yeah...I felt a little bit handicapped for awhile there. It hurts equally as bad today (my mouth, not my finger). But I just read something online about putting baking soda on the sore to ease pain. I just did this and it immediately started BURNING (lovely)...but since then it's dumbed down to numb the whole area. Ahhh...this is the life. Who knew baking soda was a miracle worker? Oh right...I guess I was the ONLY ONE in the dark then.
So I'm seriously considering electrolysis. No really. Because well...remember that wax I got that I was happy about? Yeah...used it several times since then...didn't work as well at all. I think it might still work on my legs (hope) but...having issues...ughhhh. I hate being a girl sometimes.
This weekend was remarkably uneventful. John had duty on Friday...which meant I didn't see him until Saturday morning. He arrived home, woke me up and was extremely awake so I got up. We had breakfast together and then BAM. He passed out. No, not literally...but the exhaustion hit him. I tried to keep him up but he got little to no sleep the night before so instead of nagging, I went back to bed too...and we slept until 2:30PM. Yeah. It was almost embarassing how sluggish we were. Okay...how sluggish I was. He was the one who needed sleep. I was just sympathetically sleeping...emphasis on the pathetic part. The evening was fun though. We did a quick workout in the afternoon, showered, went to a Hibachi grill and had awesome food and then got a drinky drink and key lime pie at a local restaurant and laughed loudly as some of his friends told off-color jokes for awhile. Who said being in the military isn't like a never-ending frat party? They don't know what they're talking about.
Sunday, John woke me up with an awesome pancake breakfast and then we headed out to Morehead to run some errands. I got my dad's Father's Day present taken care of. I'm giving my dad some framed pictures I took at the airshow. I am really excited about how they turned out and how well they came out once printed.
I also ended up FINALLY spending my birthday Michael's giftcard from John's parents. I thought I'd used it about 5 times...and then I realized I just lost it. Then shortly after John came back from deployment I found it again and every time I go to Michael's, I realize I have it...5 minutes after paying for my stuff and leaving. This time I ACTUALLY used it and got a lot of cool stuff. I even did some painting last night which I haven't done in quite awhile. I also cleaned up my art space so that I COULD do some painting which felt great since I haven't even wanted to look at that side of the bonus room for over a month because it's such a disaster. Disaster = creativity squelcher. Not good.
I might even post pics of what I did once it's finished...and once I've solved my creativity blog dilemma...sighhhhhhhhh.

Comments

Popular Posts