Sammy Samsonite

I made a very important discovery this weekend: what I mistook for simply being sick was in actuality a reaction to a medication I was taking. Yeahhh...thanks but NO THANKS. I'll just do without the medication. After a MONTH of dealing with this, I'm finally over it. Ugh...sometimes I hate "medicine." Especially when it cures your current ailment but causes three others. Lovely. But it's DONE and OVER WITH! Yay! Back to normal life.
I treated myself this weekend to a new suitcase. Note: I have been a world traveler most of my life...yet I've never really had a really NICE suitcase. In fact, I've been in several cases where suitcases fell apart before my very eyes. The most notable was in the middle of New York City trying to catch a train...not the best time for a suitcase to malfunction. All I remember is being in a complete frenzy while watching screws and bits of metal (which used to be the handle of the suitcase) tumbling endlessly on the bottom step of an escalator. My mom and I laugh about this now. At the time it was NOT funny.
I was not originally intending to get one this weekend. At all. I merely mentioned to John while we were killing time before going to the movies that I wanted to get a good suitcase sometime because TJMaxx has really good deals on great brands... (The movie: Iron Man 2. Great movie. Wait until after the credits for a special scene.) and he said "Yeah! Get it now because there's less tax in Virginia." And he was right! As usual. So we made our little way to a TJMaxx and I debated over several before deciding on a pinky purple Samsonite. Drool. Yes. I'm drooling over a suitcase. I didn't know a suitcase could be sexy but this one is. And I love it. And it's my very OWN. MINE! I'm very excited. If you couldn't already tell. Makes me want to "test it out" by traveling somewhere.
It's average sized (not too big, not too small), cloth but pretty hard cased (I originally wanted a super hard cased one but got worried that something might crack it since it had no flex)...(I guess that is actually called "hard-shell") incredibly sturdy, sexy, and sensible. My favorite part other than the color? I can make it twirl like a ballerina with its swivel wheels. Yeah. I'm seriously weird. But I'm MAINLY excited at having a sturdy new suitcase of my very own.
While in VA, John took me to the local art store and I enjoyed slobbering all over all their products. I was good and practiced self control in a moment of weakness...and did not buy the print making set I laid eyes on. Need to think about it some more. Good Rachel. Bad print set. I did, however, buy some clay and some paper. And something else. Can't really remember. But I want to do something creative this week. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts